Recent symptoms

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Recent symptoms

Postby alysonpeaches » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:04 pm

Two recent symptoms I have may or may not be part of fibro. I would be interested to know if anyone has the same. Its hard to know if they are fibro or not.

1. Tingling in feet

2. itchy facial skin

1. The feet tingle at times and the amount varies. In the warmer weather the tingling feels more itchy than anything. Its not the same as pins and needles, but halfway between a tingle and a burn. In cold weather I cant get my feet warm. The GP tested twice for diabetes, (Im borderline), then increased my painkillers. Yes I feel them less when I take painkillers but I dont like taking them all the time.

2. Itchy facial skin. The skin is quite dry and almost scaly around the chin area, but all of the face itches, the eyelid was affected whilst I was away, but that is calming down a bit. I have been prescribed Balneum plus, the doctor thinks its because I am atopic (I have asthma and eczema).
alysonpeaches
UKFM Newbie

Re: Recent symptoms

Postby Lindilou » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:54 pm

I also have a sort of tingling in my feet, can't really describe it. I am not diabetic.

I also get itchy arond chin and eyebrows and yes I have eczema too. Whether it's due to our condition I have no idea alysonpeaches
Lindilou

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:31 pm

I get tingly feet too and only itch if my skin is too dry x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby stephdawn » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi guys just to let you know I suffer with tingling feet, legs, arms and hands. I have found Gabapentin and Duloxitine has helped, also I get Ibrufen gel on script and that seems to help. I also suffer with eczema and psoriasis. Both tend to flare up when I'm run down, stressed or have a flare up. I use Dermol cream as a soap and after my shower, I also get this on script as well. With my psoriasis I wash my hair everyday with baby shampoo, this helps. I hope this has helped you all. Take care :-)
stephdawn
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:07 pm

another one here with tingly feet. they sometimes go that horrible 'numb' way that hurts like heck when the feeling finally comes back into them :-?

I do get itchy skin from time to time - not at the moment though. think I posted on here about it once.

I also get tingly sensations in my face which I believe to come from the trigeminal nerve, it kind of feels like a hair across my cheek or nose, and I keep wiping at my face trying to remove it before I remember what it is. :roll:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:08 pm

I get problems with my feet but it's a really nasty burning pain, like your feet are in a fire, when it's bad I can hardly walk and sleep is a nightmare as even the duvet touching them makes it worse.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Tally1068 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:29 am

I find I get tingles, usually in my legs and arms, after taking painkillers. It goes away, but can be quite severe as the drug enters your blood stream.
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:18 pm

Yes I get bad rashes etc on my face, to start with I had what was probably Angular Chelitis (sp) round my mouth. That is still there but much better. I've had that for about 8 months. I also had massively itchy, scaly, dark and slightly swollen eyelids for a few months. That was probably Blapharitis. I used some cream for that and it is gone. I get the feeling though that they were both linked to the fibro as they started in the same week!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia