lactic acidosis??

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

lactic acidosis??

Postby gibbo82 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Ok, so I've never been diagnosed with latic acidosis, but I'm pretty sure I suffer with it!... but I'm just wondering whether this is a main symptom of fibromyalgia?

The main problem is when it comes to exercise, example. I can't even do 5 sit-ups, around the 3rd I get a intense burning in my stomach muscles, along with a tingling sensation, my heart begins to pound. Its a horrible feeling and I have to stop immediately. Same thing when climbing a set of stairs, my calves being to burn my legs feel heavy & tingly. It feels like not enough oxygen is getting to my muscle with exercise & that's the main symptom of latic acidosis.

Does anyone else suffer with these symptoms?

What is latic acidosis - a physiological condition characterized by low pH in body tissues and blood (acidosis) accompanied by the buildup of lactate, especially L-lactate, and is considered a distinct form of metabolic acidosis.
Lactic acidosis is characterized by lactate levels >5 mmol/L and serum pH <7.35.

The condition typically occurs when cells receive too little oxygen (hypoxia), for example, during vigorous exercise.
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Re: lactic acidosis??

Postby Garyl » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Lactic acidosis is a form of metabolic acidosis due to the inadequate clearance of lactic acid from the blood. Lactate is a byproduct of anaerobic respiration...
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:44 pm

...however i do get those symptoms...
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby gibbo82 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:15 pm

Is there anyway to reduce these symptoms?
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:44 pm

Thanks gibbo82 for that info. Yes, I have these symptoms, especially the legs when going upstairs, had this for about 25 years. Not heard of it before but I will bring it up next visit to GP. The feeling is very similar to being anaemic.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby major64 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:52 pm

This is how my pains started. Just put it down to working too hard. Until it got too much. Then the rest of the symptoms started to appear one by one. I just told the doc I thought it was lack of stamina. Maybe I should mention this as well. It has destroyed my life. I was a keen angler up to international level. I went out 3 or 4 times a week but now I am lucky to do that in a year. So hopefully there is an answer to this problem
major64
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:15 pm

I have high uric acid levels which i believe is part of fibro, about 3-4 weeks ago i bought some PH paper and started monitering my ph levels myself and i read up on what can lower these acid levels and found that yogurt and cheese's well as other foods can help to lower these levels naturally "without meds" and today i took a measurment and low and behold my levels are normal today!! Maybe this could help?? Good luck!
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:14 am

gibbo82 wrote:
Same thing when climbing a set of stairs, my calves being to burn my legs feel heavy & tingly. It feels like not enough oxygen is getting to my muscle with exercise & that's the main symptom of latic acidosis.

Also a very typical symptom of intermittent claudication due to peripheral vascular disease, which is the reason I have mobility problems.

If this could be a possible problem your GP can perform a simple ultrasound test to confirm.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia