Struggling

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Struggling

Postby emma83 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:29 pm

Thank you all for your kind replies. I must admit iam finding this forum a help as it good to know I'm not alone and I'm happy to take any advise etc you can give. I'm definitely going to order some of those gloves to see if they help and I feel I do need a referral to the pain clinic too. I'm seeing my doctor this week so hopefully more can be done. I've heard swimming is good I think I may try and go this week. Worst that can happen is I'm in pain after but as I'm always in pain at mo doesn't make much difference!
I'm so forgetful at the moment too. I left my door keys at my mums so couldn't get in last night! Not gd when it's 1am and you are drunk!!! Lol.
I am having a ergonomic assessment for my workstation when I return my boss said I can have whatever I need.
I haven't joined any FB groups as the first one I did join tagged me in a post and I want my privacy on there. I'm never one to tell whole world my problems.
Thanks again for all your advice and links it really is appreciated xxxxxxxx
:lol:
emma83
UKFM Member

Postby emma83 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:41 am

FluppyPuffy wrote:Sorry to hear how things are for you at the moment emma :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Most of us have had, and still do experience similar times along the way, so there is an awful lot of understanding of what you're going thru.

Things appear somewhat bleak at the moment, even overwhelming, but they can become a little lighter and brighter as you progress further along in your FibroQuest.

Altho you would prefer to be at work, your GP clearly thinks somewhat differently, so try and use the time you have been signed off for to try and get yourself a little more settled about things.

Wrt work, typing etc, could you look into whether there are some suitable ways to give you some additional support, such as a brace/splint??? You should be able to find info out from local chemists or retailers of disability aids. If they haven't already done so, you could talk to your employer about more ergonomic equipment for you, such as keyboard, mouse, gel wrist support/mouse mat, chair, desk etc.

There are a number of meds that can be used to help manage FM, with you mentioning just Amitriptyline, is this all you are currently on??? If so, you could talk to your GP about what other options there are that can be taken alongside Amis. Have a looky at this Linky for a little more detail about things.

You may be able to access a number of acupuncture sessions via a referral from your GP. Same with accessing Pain Clinics, who may be the ones to offer you acupuncture.

For Support Groups, have a peek here http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/fm-support-groups/fm-support-groups.html and see who is in your area.

It is difficult for others to understand what life can be like with FM in the mix, and for some, well it's just too much like hard work. There are the ones tho, who will try and do their best for you, and sometimes It can be a real eye~opener as to where that support comes from.

I am only on amitripyline at the moment yes. Also co-odomol for pain. Xx
emma83
UKFM Member

Postby magicknuts » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Hi Emma,

I hope you are feeling better.
I have searched for something on books here - I have just bought - and pretty much read through the whole thing a book called living with fibromyalgia, it comes as kindle version also depending on your preference.

As a newly diagnosed Fibro sufferer this book is just completely invaluable that silly qn game where you get asked if you were shipwrecked on a desert island and could only save one thing - this book would be it.

I have been told to do stretching and perhaps some classes by the docs and pretty much that is it - I am on a waiting list for an appointment at my local pain management course - but that could be months - this book just explains everything so well, from what fibro is to recent research - as of 2010 when this edition was released (I beleive there is going to be a new edition soon - in november) it talks about diet - about how not to overdo it and to make sure you rest regularly. to do just a little at a time and how to slowly increase. It explains about some peoples reactions and how to handle these situations. it just covers everything the docs dont go into very much detail about. It is written by a british lady who also suffers with Fibro and she really does seem to know me - as in everything that has been happening to me!!

Sorry I am raving - but out of all the bit I have read this is the one that I truely feel may help me on my journey as my life hopefully starts to at some point resemble a life again - perhaps a different life but hopefully not this jumbled mess that everything feels to be right now.

oh nearly forgot :oops: the link!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Living-Fibromyalgia-Overcoming-Common-Problems-ebook/dp/B00907M732/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1-spell&qid=1410717407

Hope you are ok.

xx Sara
magicknuts
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia