hearing

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hearing

Postby dejay » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Has anyone had a problem with there hearing? I dont know if it has anything to do with fibro or not, I seem to be saying pardon a lot , and also I cant hear the tv when other people can hear it ok, I thought I would ask other fibros before I ask for a hearing test,
dejay
UKFM Member

Re: hearing

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:49 pm

I often have problems with the TV and my hubby sometimes says I speak a bit loud. I also keep thinking I hear my mobile when it is not ringing. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:52 pm

Pardon?

Sorry couldn't resist ;)

My hearing isn't great but it's a processing problem not an ear problem, apparently.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby marie marrison » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:19 pm

I have a few problems earring but also I have a lot of problem writing, I known what a want to right, but the letters are getting mixes all the times :oops:
marie marrison
UKFM Member

Postby dejay » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks Rich I should have known someone would say that,But I am glad there is a lighter side on the forum, we have to try and see the lighter side to things,and have a smile,even If I cant hear properly, I can still read, but writing is another matter
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby Miichelle » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:42 pm

I have 24/7 loud tinnitus in both ears and some hearing loss in both ears. Also have noise sensitivity :)
Miichelle
UKFM Member

Postby Lynsey Drewitt » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:49 pm

Get a test anyway, its too easy to make the assumption that any condition affecting us is down to the fibro. My hearing has definitely deteriorated over the last few years but as I have a history of bad hearing in my family of hearing defects I never made a fibro connection. Last year I developed vertigo and would have gone away from the GP without any treatment if I had left once the Doctor had tried to explain it was part of the fibro portfolio. That too is in my family. I only mention that in case you are presented with any similar situations. xx
Lynsey Drewitt
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:28 am

yes on and off, especially on my left side and tinnitus - ringing or popping
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby dejay » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:01 am

Thanks to everyone, I have now thought, at times I get very dizzy this could be part of my hearing problem,and had I not read the replies I might not have thought of this as it only happens now and again,something to tell my dr. Hooray for the forum again!!!! Take care everyone,Today the weather is how I like it, not to hot and not to cold, lol
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:59 am

Rich beat me to it lol. Yes, and I've had this for a long time. My partner always :roll: :roll: :roll: when I don't hear him!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby aziriphale » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:27 am

I have problems hearing certain voices/frequencies

and i can't stand having a lot of different noises going on at once, for example i can't stand music being on and a tv on at the same time I can't even explain how it affects me I just can't tolerate it
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Postby Tally1068 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:33 am

I'm so glad someone has brought this up.
I have no hearing in my left ear for months at a time and tinnitus in my head that drives me crazy.
I had my ears checked out, but no wax or anything. Because this has gone on so long I have a doctor's visit next week to see if it's fibro or sinus related.
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby Zeberdi » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:19 pm

My ears are VERY sensitive. I spend half my life with ear plug in!!

It works for me.

I hate the noise at the Pictures so don't go unless forced, I can't stand two things going on at once - talking and tv, radio and talking, sat nav and radio - that sort of thing. I have the tv on low compared to everyone else and struggle at gatherings. I have also been told I speak very quietly and people sometimes don't hear me.

Certain pitches are so painful and I have to get away, even lawn mowers can do it to me!

Sometimes my ears simply switch off and the translation between them and my brain break down making me look like an idiot.

I think if hearing loss os a problem or balance is at all affected then it is well worth getting it checked out. Not EVERYTHING is caused by fibro - it just feels like it!
Zeberdi
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Yes people often say they cannot hear me when i speak, but in my head it sounds normally loud and if i speak louder it sounds like i am shouting.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia