Fatigue is getting to me

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fatigue is getting to me

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:05 am

I'm teetering on the edge at the moment. I try to put mind over matter etc. But this severe fatigue is driving me mad. I feel I got lucky the other day when I had the pain instead. Messed up thinking isnt it? My eyes feel sore and dry from the tiredness. I only yesterday went down from 50mg ami to 25mg with 100g of gabapentin. I honestly cant tell wether its the condition or the meds. Probably like this a week maybe morel my memory so driving me insane too. My head feels completely empty. Can I scream? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: Fatigue is getting to me

Postby Helhit » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:13 am

Hi i'll scream with you!!

I've been reducing the gabapentin as I thought it was making me more doolally than normal, but as the doc told me, the pains come back with a vengeance. I also feel so so tired, just like I did when first diagnosed.

So its back to the full dose again

Hang in there Theresa, I was on 2700mg per day and went down to 900. It also takes a while to get into your system and as I've learnt to my cost ; a while to get out. You may find you need to increase it and this has to be done slowly.

I hope things pick up for you soon
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Re: Fatigue is getting to me

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:29 am

Both feel free to :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :too-upset: :too-upset: :too-upset: :too-upset: as much as you need and want to. Things do tend to build up and then make you feel :bricks: :bricks: :bricks: :bricks: :bricks: :bricks: be it meds related, people/environment related, or sometimes just because FM can do it to us.

All you can really do is ease back to a degree in what you do and for how long you do it for, and ride it out. All sorts of thoughts, feelings and emotions tend to be stirred up during times like this, so be extra kind to yourselves, and make some time just for yourself to try and relax a little, even the smallest reduction in how you feel can make such a difference elsewhere.

Most of us have been in very similar places/positions, so understand what you're going thru :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

And if all else fails, there is always [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] and :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
User avatar
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN
 
Posts: 12719
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Living Life On The Edge.......Of The Norty Step!!!

Re: Fatigue is getting to me

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:33 am

Helhit wrote:Hi i'll scream with you!!

I've been reducing the gabapentin as I thought it was making me more doolally than normal, but as the doc told me, the pains come back with a vengeance. I also feel so so tired, just like I did when first diagnosed.

So its back to the full dose again

Hang in there Theresa, I was on 2700mg per day and went down to 900. It also takes a while to get into your system and as I've learnt to my cost ; a while to get out. You may find you need to increase it and this has to be done slowly.

I hope things pick up for you soon


I'm on 100g of gabapentin for a week then onto 100g three times a day next week.


Lol Fluppy x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: Fatigue is getting to me

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Your not alone in wanting pain over tiredness I'm with u there . U can keep going with pain not so with tiredness it just stops u dead x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:38 pm
Location: near london

Re: Fatigue is getting to me

Postby whoami » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:04 pm

It seems we are....tired from being in pain, or in pain from being tired.

We are one or the other and the switch from one to the other can be just a click of the clock away.

I don't know what is the worse of the two. The exhaustion at times can be unbelievable. Yawning until your eyes tear and your jaw hurts as it locks open. Or, the pain that travels through the body at the speed of light.

My hubby has been known to literally put me to bed. He once came in the kitchen, I was drooping over the sink, determined to finish the washing up, so exhausted to move a hand but then the pain starts so bad through the stomach that I fall to the floor.

You go ahead and scream all you want. Letting out your feelings is a good thing. It is hard to tell at times if the meds are helping or actually increasing symptoms. I hope you get relief soon. Thanks for listening to me vent also.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular
 
Posts: 1537
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:22 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Fatigue is getting to me

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:10 pm

whoami wrote:It seems we are....tired from being in pain, or in pain from being tired.

We are one or the other and the switch from one to the other can be just a click of the clock away.

I don't know what is the worse of the two. The exhaustion at times can be unbelievable. Yawning until your eyes tear and your jaw hurts as it locks open. Or, the pain that travels through the body at the speed of light.

My hubby has been known to literally put me to bed. He once came in the kitchen, I was drooping over the sink, determined to finish the washing up, so exhausted to move a hand but then the pain starts so bad through the stomach that I fall to the floor.

You go ahead and scream all you want. Letting out your feelings is a good thing. It is hard to tell at times if the meds are helping or actually increasing symptoms. I hope you get relief soon. Thanks for listening to me vent also.


I have totally overworked my tear ducts from the constant yawning. My jaw hurts like heck on the left side. I actually have to plan how to yawn! My jaw clicks of opened too wide plus it hurts anyway from just opening it normally. Feels like its muscular. Never leaves me. Another moan. Gah!
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: Fatigue is getting to me

Postby stephdawn » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi guys. So sorry to hear you are feeling :pull-hair: :sleep: :crazy: I feel like this most days :yikes: I've come to accept it and take each day as it comes.I'm only 46yrs old and have had this for 14yrs now. Been pushed from pillar to post but I have found a DR now who understands our condition :-D this only happened 2yrs ago though. I take 26 different drugs a day for pain , fatigue and depression oh and to help me sleep at night!!!! My heart goes out to you all. And I would like to say that if any one wants to rant and rave or just get stuff off your chest then either re-post me on here or message me via Face Book you'll find me under Helen Mallett. Living in Norfolk UK. Love and hugs to you all xxxxx
stephdawn
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Fatigue is getting to me

Postby keaedmondson » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm sorry things are so bad! But thank you for writing this! It chimes so much with me and in a really weird way it was so good to read everybody's responses! xxx
keaedmondson
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:05 am

Re: Fatigue is getting to me

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:57 pm

keaedmondson wrote:I'm sorry things are so bad! But thank you for writing this! It chimes so much with me and in a really weird way it was so good to read everybody's responses! xxx



No problem. Sometimes it does help to see that someone else goes through what you are or have. No one understands this illness like we do x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: Fatigue is getting to me

Postby keaedmondson » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:01 pm

Totally. That's why I'm so glad I found it and can find the energy to read it regularly!
keaedmondson
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:05 am

Re: Fatigue is getting to me

Postby robcathy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:42 pm

HI, I got so desperate for sleep that resorted to buying online kirkland sleep aid. It gives me a few hours. It makes me feel very sleepy & drift off. I only take half & have been on them for months. I don't want to take sleeping pills but I cannot sleep properly, without. I have had fm for years. I am 57 & feel I have aged 10yrs. I know I look older. I suffer with so much fatigue, but cannot nap during the day. How can you be so tired & not sleep properly? I know pain wakes me, but surely tiredness would prevail?
robcathy
UKFM Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:54 am

Re: Fatigue is getting to me

Postby aspe » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:56 pm

Has anyone successfully used any supplements for fatique? I've been reading about Co q10. I was tearful all day today, just coming to end of my rope with symptoms and bleak future.
aspe
UKFM Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: Fatigue is getting to me

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:08 am

I'm feeling less figured today :-D Hopefully the higher dose of ami has now worn off. Looks like it was the reason for me being as tired as I was. Will have to see how things go :-)
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:44 pm


Return to Living with Fibromyalgia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron