Depressed, tired and fed up

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Depressed, tired and fed up

Postby rich44 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:01 pm

As title really, really cheesed off. Probably because kids go back tomorrow and that's summer over and don't feel like I've had a summer with them.

Took them crabbing today, we caught dozens, now back in bed with a stonking headache and thoroughly fed up. Stupid Dr's and their stupid anti-depressants that don't s :swear1: :swear1: odding work.

"duloxetine will get rid of all your pain and improve your mood"

Yeah if course it will it's not like me and antidepressants don't have history they never b :swear1: :swear1: g work.

If I had an old crappy car I think I'd probably shove a hosepipe up the exhaust. I'm sick of having to beg the Dr's for painkillers to be looked at like I'm a junkie looking for my next hit and told no, fed up with being let down by the pain clinic & fobbed off for 5 months.
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of a potentially offending word and replacement with emoticon.
rich44
UKFM Member

Re: Depressed, tired and fed up

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:06 pm

I'm having a pretty crappy time too :( The crabbing sounded like fun. Bet the kids enjoyed it. My parents in law took my three crabbing during the hols and they loved it! Try not to let guilt seep in. It doesn't help you feel any better. I've spent most of the day screaming at my lot. Yes they were constantly fighting but feeling rubbish all the time makes me on edge as I'm sure it does to most of us :roll: Is there anything that helps you feel even a little bit better?
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Flippy22 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Not sure what to say. Didn't want to read and run. I feel like that too. Can you see a different GP? I know at my surgery they are all rubbish, so I hear you. I also felt like I hadn't had summer with my kids due to fibro and MH issues. I'm sure others will be along with much better advise than me.
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Postby rubes » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Simple, change Doctors.:)
Good Luck x
Last edited by rubes on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rubes
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:15 pm

I've seen all the different Dr's at the practice over the past 12 months and I can't change Dr's because the next nearest practice is 12 miles away and they won't register patients out of their area.

I'm assuming they won't prescribe because in January they referred me to the pain clinic but my next appt there isn't until December and no one else will do anything.

I never even got the courtesy of a reply from the practice manager last week.

I feel like walking in the door tomorrow and telling them I feel suicidal, except then they would use THAT as an excuse as I can't be trusted with meds.

I'd get drunk but that makes me ill as my liver never fully recovered from being stomped all over by epstein Barr virus.

I'd try to get hold of cannabis but haven't got a clue who to ask these days not that I ever did much back in the day but it's probably the only non prescription thing I'd try that might work.

Oh well I'll have a bath once the kids are in bed in a couple of hours.

Just been told it's my turn to cook the kids tea, best get up and do that.

Thanks for the replies everyone
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:29 pm

If you cant change then complain. You're clearly not getting any help from them. They need to help you, that's their job.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:32 pm

Yeah I did to the practice manager last week, I'll phone to see someone tomorrow, again. I know what they'll say you need to give the duloxetine longer to work etc etc (I've seen some places claim 3 months!)

Wonder how much a return to Amsterdam costs......
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:34 pm

rich44 wrote:I'm assuming they won't prescribe because in January they referred me to the pain clinic but my next appt there isn't until December and no one else will do anything.

And therein lies the rub.....if you ask, you may find that your assumptions are completely wide of the mark, and you are prescribed something.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby rich44 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Sorry I probably didn't make it clear, I've asked every single time since I had to stop the tramadol in June. It's that that I've formed my assumption upon.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi rich,
I'm really sorry you're feeling so rubbish, is there no one else you can see at the pain clinic? Forgive me you might have said before but have you actually been diagnosed with fibro? If so can you not go back to see the person who did? If not can you not print off a fact sheet to show your dr? Why were you taken off of tramadol?
I really hope you feel better soon, please dont do anything silly, it may not seem like it but you're not alone.

Gentle hugs xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi Thanks all

Basically the tramadol took the edge off but roughly every week and a bit I'd spend a whole day in the toilet retching so hard I'd tear muscles and puke bile even antisickness injection wouldn't stop it, cutting the tramadol out stopped it so.....

Couple of the local Dr's gave me the dx. It's changed over the years from pvfs to cfs to me to fibromyalgia depending on which symptom was dominate at the time.

The Dr's are fairly clued up on it to be fair to them I guess they've just decided for whatever reason they won't go down the painkiller route further than tramadol, which I can't take.

Honestly I've suffered migraines since the age of 5 and I get Vomiting with them so I'm an expert at being sick but I have never experienced anything like what the tramadol did, omg!

Nope I don't know what's going on there by the time that comes round it'll have been 12 months since referral without any treatment, great!

Still waiting a neurologist appt that was requested months ago but I just got a letter saying there's no appointments we'll be in touch.

My 6 months on full pay runs out soon so then I'll be on half pay assuming they don't find a way to get rid beforehand.

Honestly I'd be quite happy not to wake up tomorrow, been in shocking amount of pain tonight my hands and arms have been agony despite a nice hot bath.

Oh well best try to sleep tomorrow is another day.....
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:12 am

What about asking your GP to contact the Pain Clinic to request an immediate appointment within the next 2 weeks. GPs can do this if they think the circumstances warrant it, as my GP offered to get my gastric appointment in October brought forward. Albeit I declined as I didn't feel it was necessary.

That might help your situation or it might focus his mind on suggesting an alternative mixture of them. He might also explain why he's reluctant to prescribe the opiates you want, which if you find his reasons valid and can understand them rather than seeing him as just being being difficult might help reduce the amount of annoyance and stress this is causing you. An open honest discussion between you on this might clear the air somewhat.

Seem to remember you posting that you successfully changed 4 brake pads in your car last weekend. Do you think that could be the cause of the extra pain you have just now in your hands and arms. Maybe it was too much for you and some sort of rebound pain is the price of doing it?
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby Shurdygirl » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Hey all, I've had headache for a solid 11 days now & no sign of giving in .. Sleeping is changing again so it's all good & dandy x
Shurdygirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby rich44 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:03 pm

Hi zappa yes it could be to do with that but to be honest it's not much one than my normal level of pain anyway. I think I feel worse because of being in the first few weeks of taking another different anti-depressant know they can make you feel worse in the beginning.

Dr called earlier and missed his call so probably something to do with my letter last week.

I'm not specifically after opiates but just something other than nothing which is what they left me with after coming off tramadol.

I had a conversation last time about it they don't want to give someone so "young" morphine related drugs because you'll end taking 5 times as much 5 years down the line. I can see his point but you could make the same argument against almost anyone having morphine type drugs
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:41 pm

rich44 wrote:Hi zappa yes it could be to do with that but to be honest it's not much one than my normal level of pain anyway. I think I feel worse because of being in the first few weeks of taking another different anti-depressant know they can make you feel worse in the beginning.

Dr called earlier and missed his call so probably something to do with my letter last week.

I'm not specifically after opiates but just something other than nothing which is what they left me with after coming off tramadol.

I had a conversation last time about it they don't want to give someone so "young" morphine related drugs because you'll end taking 5 times as much 5 years down the line. I can see his point but you could make the same argument against almost anyone having morphine type drugs

If you're 44 like the number by your name, I don't know why they would give it to me at 34 if they were that bad. I took myself off them anyway. They don't agree with my tummy :crazy:
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia