Depressed, tired and fed up

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Depressed, tired and fed up

Postby rich44 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:55 pm

I'm 38. If I was choosing I would probably as to try a low dose of Butrans patches for that very reason.

I've been reading some really interesting stuff on cannabinoids. Did you know NHS Wales recently approved sativex which is cannabis produced drug for the pain of MS. nice won't approve it because it's "not cost effective"

Be great if the UK would follow the 23 States in the US and legalise cannabis for medical purposes
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:03 pm

rich44 wrote:
I've been reading some really interesting stuff on cannabinoids. Did you know NHS Wales recently approved sativex which is cannabis produced drug for the pain of MS. nice won't approve it because it's "not cost effective"

Thats because its over £400 a bottle :shock: even if you do have MS you have to fit the criterea as there very strict on who they precribe it to.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby rich44 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:05 pm

£175 a bottle according to the article I just read and if you think about it if people using these drugs then go back to work etc it's overall a net contribution to the economy.

Anyway bedrocan the Dutch product would be better & cheaper

Does make me laugh all the hard work put into using CBD with no THC when you could just use the whole plant anyway. Does it really matter if people end up enjoying themselves.

Personally I'd rather see the system they're using in the states so you can get hold of the plant itself not some oil that's been processed.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby MPSGuy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:08 pm

I agree, actually I think it is about time they legalised cannabis full stop. Yes it has downsides but is it really anymore dangerous than tobacco, alcohol or 'legal highs' that are freely available on almost every high street.

It is kind of strange that the USA with its backwards "war on drugs" policy has many states with more liberal polices on medical marijuana than we do.

I think it really comes down to the politicians being scared of the daily mail brigade. That and the fact that big pharma cannot make a killing from cannabis plants so they will not run the medical trials required to 'prove' it works. Instead they would rather process the hell out of a natural product so they can patent it and sell it for £200 a tube... I bet £200 would supply an awful lot more cannabis than sativex.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:19 pm

Amen to that.

I saw a report recently that legalising cannabis would put more than £4bn into the economy
rich44
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia