Soft tissue arthritis

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Soft tissue arthritis

Postby loverliesgal » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Yep that is just what my GP told me I had when I said I was having so much pain in my hips, she put together a steroid injection, told me it would hurt when she performed the jab, (it didn't - I even asked her when she was going to do it!!!) and that it would be about three weeks before I felt full benefit of it. That night was the first in a while where I could sit without pain, (that was a lot quicker that GP said), and gradually over the three weeks where I would have full benefit of the jab the pain has crept back and it feels like someone has implanted shavings of marble between my hip joints!

So off to GP next week to ask what else I can do. Looking up Soft tissue arthritis I found it was a condition that people with fibromyalgia suffer from. . . hmmmm,

I do have to go to bed I suppose, but knowing how much pain I will be in at around 4 am, I am not looking forward to it.

Wish I could take nsaids for pain relief, paracetamol and Butrans patches 20mg/week don't even get near the pain, So maxed out on both of them, wonder if there is anything else doc can add to the mix, so I can sleep, all I want is to be able to have one nights sleep without waking up in agony.
loverliesgal
UKFM Member

Re: Soft tissue arthritis

Postby Harrison264 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:38 pm

A combination of Gabapentin and Amitriptyline works for me? I know nothing about medication so excuse me if you've already tried this and I haven't picked it up. Good luck X
Harrison264
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:52 pm

Hope your GP can offer you something with a bit more long lasting effect
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby rich44 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:31 pm

Can they not increase the dose of your Butrans patches?
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:35 am

Have they Tried you with you Lodine which has a special coating to protect the stomach and is a slow release anti inflammatory. .
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:12 am

Loverliesgal...One of my Dr's has fibromyalgia and runs a pain clinic. He says hip pain is the most common and where the strongest pain is in fibro patients.

I would suggest a visit to your Dr and tell him you are getting no relief from your meds. You are on a low dose of Butrans. I don't know if more would help or if a different med is needed. Your Dr should be able to help with some kind of relief.

It took years to finally get a combination of meds and treatments that have made life tolerable for me.

Don't ever adjust your medication yourself without your Dr's advice and approval.

Hope relief comes soon to you.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby loverliesgal » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:47 am

Thankyou for your advice. I have been on nearly every drug baring gabapentin, because I am on pregabalin, 300mg/day a stronger dose leaves my face numb, I am on Amitryptine 50mg a day, but can increase to 100mg (in 10mg doses over a week) if nerve pain is responding to it. I have 80mg omeprazole, I have ranitidine, buscopan, movical, domperidone for my stomach probs - ulcers and hiatus hernia, acid refllux and dysmotility of the oesophagus, I am diabetic type 2, on 2600mg/day metformin, gliclizide and weekly Bydureon injection. When TMJ rears its ugly head I have diazapam. I have B12 (cyanocobalamin) tablets x3 daily (not convinced they work but hey ho) There are still some weird coloured tablets in my dosette box but I need them for something or another I am sure.

In the last ten years I have been on Fentanyl patches, morphine, oxycodone, 500/30 cocodamol, tramadol, and many others I cannot remember the name of.

If a drug has the word Hydrochloride added to its name, nine out of ten times my body ignores it. Tramadol max dose did nothing I was on it for six months then stopped, I had no withdrawal at all. Morphine was much the same, Oxycodone I couldn't tolerate at all. So it Butrans patches if 20mg is a small dose, I dread to think what other doses are because I would end up literally plastered in plasters, the patch is 3x3inches!

So I have tried a lot of stuff, I have some success with some of the drugs, it is a 'lets try this one' I get from the doctor. I don't know how often I can have steroid injections, but for the immediate relief I had I am hoping I can have another one soon.

Thank you all again,
loverliesgal
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:16 am

I don't think the patches get physically bigger if the dose is increased.

Have you been to a pain clinic? It sounds like your pain meds need tinkering with.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby loverliesgal » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:56 am

Re the patches, yes they do get physically bigger, I started off on 5mg about 1" square, then 10mg 2" Square, now 20mg (which appears to be the biggest patch) which is just over 3" square
loverliesgal
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:00 am

I was told last week that I also have soft tissue arthitis so I started taking cod liver oil which I've had to stop as it's making me all dizzy, something to do with the high levels of vitamins A and D :(
Lindilou

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia