Worried to death!!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Worried to death!!!

Postby carolad » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:11 pm

Theresa34 wrote:My rheumy sent me for an ANA and an ENA blood test this week. Im awaiting results. He asked me if I had had any rashes. I said nooooooo. When I read up about these tests, I wondered of he was checking for Lupus! I've also wondered whether I had it a month or so ago. Will have to wait and see!

Hope you're ok hun xxx

Lupus and fibro have a lot of the same symptoms....I have every symptom of lupus (including the rash) but because my blood test was negative, it was discounted... Then again, I've heard the blood test isn't always effective at diagnosing...so who knows?!
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Tel1 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi All..... thanks for all the responses:)))

My GP said to day that I am borderline with white blood cells and asked me if I have had a recent infection etc etc and I said,
no.... then he went on to say that he doesn't think it is Lupus.. and then I thought how does he know that would know what Lupus was anyway?:)) he said he was waiting for the AA blood test to come back, so of course I am still worrying :yikes: :yikes:

I said to the GP it's not cancer or anything?? and he said no:)) but on the other hand, he said that he would repeat that blood test next week to see if there is a change! so I said to him if he not concerned , why another blood test to check? he just said, he just wanted to make sure on a few things...but now I am worried that I have got a bad immune system or something? I have had about 11 blood tests in the last 2 years and all came back ok....but he seems to be hanging on for something with this one and that is worrying me.
I have also heard that Lupus is either an ok or a bad condition in other words I have heard that there are two types to the condition.
Maybe some of you know what that is... As I mentioned back, I don't *feel* ill as such, I just get the aching in the arms and hands
at times, and with all the other Fibro related symptoms.... but now of course I am worried that it is something else on top of that :yikes:
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:56 am

Borderline with WBC? Were they high or low? I've had the ANA and ENA test because my red blood cells and white cells were low. The test after it were apparently fine. Straight after the first test I had the worst flare up. Or what I considered a flare up. My arms were extremely heavy and I felt like I had flu bug i didnt. The fatigued shot through the roof and I struggled to even move from the sofa. The second blood test was done right at the end of it. That episode lasted around three days. It terrified me. Still waiting for the recent bloods to come back.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:32 am

Hi Tel,

I have been told many times im boredaline Lupus this is because i have a constant high CRP leval (inflammation) and have many symptoms and associated conditions.

The GP like you then says to me after going in to ask about the borealine Lupus that he feels i do not have Lupus :-? :crazy: so im sitting on the fence so to speak hoping nothing else reares its head and i stay as i am.

Now to get the Lupus diagnoses its like piecing a puzzle together and can take many many months/years. You also have to fit 4 out of the 11 criterea see here...

What are the diagnostic criteria for lupus?

To help the doctors diagnose lupus, a list of 11 common criteria, or measures, was developed by the American College of Rheumatology (ACR). ACR is a professional association of rheumatologists. These are the doctors who specialize in treating diseases of the joints and muscles, like lupus. If you have at least four of the criteria on the list, either at the present time or at some time in the past, there is a strong chance that you have lupus.

Malar rash – a rash over the cheeks and nose, often in the shape of a butterfly
Discoid rash – a rash that appears as red, raised, disk-shaped patches
Photosensitivity – a reaction to sun or light that causes a skin rash to appear or get worse
Oral ulcers – sores appearing in the mouth
Arthritis – joint pain and swelling of two or more joints in which the bones around the joints do not become destroyed
Serositis – inflammation of the lining around the lungs (pleuritis) or inflammation of the lining around the heart that causes chest pain which is worse with deep breathing (pericarditis)
Kidney disorder – persistent protein or cellular casts in the urine
Neurological disorder – seizures or psychosis
Blood disorder – anemia (low red blood cell count), leukopenia (low white blood cell count), lymphopenia (low level of specific white blood cells), or thrombocytopenia (low platelet count)
Immunologic disorder –anti-DNA or anti-Sm or positive antiphospholipid antibodies
Abnormal antinuclear antibody (ANA)

If your blood results come back the same he may refer you to a Rheumatologist for further tests and examinations.

There are a few types of Lupus. Some effecting the skin, effecting the organs & nervous system.

Nowadays there are many medications that can treat or help symptoms.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Tel1 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi Lisa

Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!:)) all my GP said was that I was borderline with the white blood cells....I thought to myself, oh Christ NOW what:)

I said to him, is it cancer of something like that and he said no, and he said if he thought it was he would say so.. so that was a little
bit of stress off of my mind...naturally of course I am worried to death about what might be wrong with me...??
I have been for Respiratory peak flow tests, HIV Hepatitis Limes Disease, liver kidneys you name it and it was all normal thank GOD,
but because I went to the GP about my aches, he said take this slip to the hospital and have these blood tests etc...I think he tested me for about 9 different things and the first 7 came back normal... and he is waiting for the AA test to come back as well... he said to me that he doesn't think I have lupus... I thought to myself Lupus!!! oh GOD no!! I am just a nervous wreck Lisa really wondering and wondering what the hell I might have....but he told me that he will send me again for a repeat blood test in a week... so no I am worrying about what they might say the next time.... I read through what you said about the list of symptoms they look at to diagnose
someone, so that was interesting, but also worrying! :yikes: I am just praying that I will be ok.... thanks for your reply..x
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Its not cancer its an auto-immune disease.

Even if bloods come back boredaline again he may not persue this especially if you are all clear in all the other tests you have had and theres nothing else to indicate theres something going on.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby rich44 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:41 pm

Don't panic, if there was anything catastrophic going on it would've been Spotted by now. I know it's easier said than done but try to relax and not think about it.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Tel1 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Cheers Rich:)) thanks Lisa.....oh GOD I have been worrying all weekend about it... I will end up down the mad house if I
carry on like this... the GP just asked me over the phone if I have had an infection anything.. and I said no not that I can think of.
THEN I remembered that I had oral thrush at the beginning of August which I must have caught off of my Mum when she has it
at the hospital when I kissed her good bye one night... but then I thought... Hmmmm this was at beginning of August, so I had the blood test done on August 29th....all the rest came back fine... but just this white blood cell thing that he just said was borderline,
and he is still waiting for the ANA one to come back.. He said to me * I don't think you have Lupus* then I thought to myself how did he think that I would even know what Lupus was? * even though I did:) Anyway I just hoping that everything will be ok.... however he did say to me that he would repeat the blood test next week....!! * more stress!! but I hope all will be ok.
Someone people say its all to do with Fibro.... but the thing is,,, is it? I don't suppose we will ever really know.... tell me:))what happens to people who do have this auto immune thing? what does it mean? In the meantime,, thanks to all who have replied to my weekend dilemma :) :yikes:
Tel1
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia