What/Where is your most consistant pain??

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: What/Where is your most consistant pain??

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:37 am

It has to be around the rib cage that then tugs and pulls the muscles from my shoulder & neck... very dibilitating !
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby rich44 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:08 pm

I think mine is fingers, elbows and knees the pain under the lowest ribs comes a close second along with feet.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby MPSGuy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:02 pm

For me it is generally a feeling off all over stiffness and discomfort. But I would say my lower to mid back that is the most problematic. I wake up with it cramping/spasms frequently and I really feel 'stiff as a board' even after waking up, walking around and doing some stretches.

The last couple of months I also have quite bothersome and nagging foot pain... hoping a trip to the hospital will get to the bottom of this and maybe get some custom insoles for me flat feet.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:20 pm

my worst in terms of severity of pain is inside my left hip.

then my lower back if I have stood still or bent over for more than a couple of minutes.

next is my knees and ankles, the aching in them reduces me to tears on a regular basis.

these three are the most consistent. I mean I get these daily.

also my shoulders have started (in recent weeks) becoming sore and at times a 'buzzing' /electrical sensation in them.

finally (at last I hear you cry :lol:) the random pains in my upper arm muscles and elbows, and pain across upper back / shoulders.

oh, and my previously partially-torn achilles tendon (from many years ago) has started rearing its ugly head with pain and a bit of a lump on it like it did several those years ago. :roll: I'm trying to ignore that one though. it's never really healed properly I don't think. besides, if it does get worse, at least I'm already on crutches :-D
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:20 pm

Thankyou everyone for your replies, i am finding it really interesting to hear all about your pains, I know i sound like some sort of weirdo!

I suppose we could assume we all suffer the same, but obviously not, its fascinating though that we all have general aches etc but there are main ones that irritate us more....

keep your replies coming
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby robcathy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi, I get widespread pain, but today its in my neck & awful headache going into my eyes. Light hurts my eyes. When I cough or strain I get an awful pain my head. Its excruciating for seconds then gone. I am still on hrt at 58 because when I come off I get terrible sweats. I don't sleep well & what little sleep I get, don't want it interrupted. I have bad fibr fog, forgetting simple words & how to do things sometimes. I am scared incase its alzeimers or dementia! Life is such a struggle, my husband tries to understand, but doesn't really. I feel so guilty if I need to lay down. Friends think your putting it on & change the subject when you try to talk them. People say I never heard of that, when you say you have fibromyalgia. I wish we could get more interest in it in the media, so people know what it is. I dread getting older, my husband is 9 yrs older than me, so no doubt I will be left behind.
I'm sorry to ramble. Having a bad day!
robcathy
UKFM Newbie

Postby rich44 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Christ on a bike my pain today is under lowest rib on right hurts like hell every breath
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:14 pm

Another one of my not quite constant bvut hurts like hell pains, is my Achilles tendon, oh my word some times it feel like someone is trying to rip them out, i have bad HMS in my ankles and my feet are really floppy, iv found myself recently getting comfy in bed by hanging my feet over the end of the bed when i lie on my front

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby tabithakat64 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:42 pm

My hips are worst, then my ribs & in between my shoulder blades.
tabithakat64
UKFM Member

Postby caramia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Mine is my neck, shoulders, hips and back, though I do also have osteoarthritis. Can also be in other joints and muscle groups. My neck has been consistently agony for weeks now! Pain is often reason I can't sleep. I wake up frequently to try and change position as really sore!
caramia
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:56 pm

Ooh where to start...!

Knees, regularly, had historic probs with them anyway.
Upper back and neck, regularly, also had historic probs anyway.

New constant ones are wrists and ankles, totally weird and mostly at night! Also lower back but that was more in the early days than now.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby TNK* » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:05 pm

my elbow pain seems to have lessened a little with me being off work at the minute, im sure it will come back when im back at work, but im just enjoying being without it for the time being.

my feet are the worst at the moment though, they feel fine ish most of the time and i can walk about on them with the odd twinge here and there, but say if im laying on the sofa and hubby sits on them, or a dog jumps up on them....ouchies....its like they are being clamped

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Fibroised » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:54 pm

My beaut at the moment is sciatica, starting at both lower back fibro points and going down back of both legs. Its bloody awful and driving me crazeeeeeeee!! Can't move without pain.
Have scoliosis and osteoarthritis all over, but blame this totally on fibro as sciatica is nerve related. Haven't gone to doc as no longer go running each time I get a twinge. Would have to set up mobile home in his surgery if I were to do that, lol !!!
Had just got over violent headache for 6 months and double vision, and was beginning to get a bit of energy about myself when this started! I find, as soon as one beaut eases, another seems to take its place. Of course I have the all over body pain all the time as well but am so used to it that I am well able to ignore it. Then I'll suddenly get a stabbing pain lasting a couple of seconds someplace, anyplace, just to remind me that it is still there.........as if I need reminding. Oh yeah, my left hip can hurt when I lie down. And I go through phases of the feet thing, either too hot or too cold, and as for the restless legs.... don't get me started. :scream-1:

Soft hugs to all xxx
Fibroised
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:06 pm

my worst one at the moment is a horrible intense pain in my tailbone :oops: when I try to get up from a sitting position.

it only lasts for as long as it takes to get to my feet, but it bl**dy hurts (excuse my french) and makes me not want to stand up at all cos I know I have to get through that pain before I can stand.

it comes and goes, but it has come back today and I really really don't like it.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby madchickenlady » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:19 pm

My most painful and persistant pain is in my hips especially the left one, after that its my hands and fingers then my elbows and shoulders,I used to get occasional pain in my feet but over the last few months they have been awful and are either burning hot or freezing cold, I sometimes have to sleep with them sticking out of the bottom of the duvet because the weight of the duvet is too much, I can only sleep on my back with a couple of pillows under my knees so that my hip doesn't hurt :(
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia