Cold Sweats

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cold Sweats

Postby Gilly52 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Lovely day today, sunshine and a slight breeze. Well I thought I could manage a walk, but not long after leaving home, my lower back was aching badly, legs felt like lead, just didn't want to go anywhere really, so I decided to head back home, by now breeze had disappeared so I was getting hotter and hotter, then a cold sweat comes over me, my forehead feels ice cold to the touch, I got home eventually, after only a short walk,......so frustrating as one day you can do something and the next day totally different......I walk so slow my hubby's legs ache by walking slow beside me !!! Oh the joys of just wanting some fresh air !!

These cold sweats were with me constantly through the hot spell of weather a few weeks ago, I just feel totally drained with them to be honest.

((Gentle hugs )) everyone.
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Re: Cold Sweats

Postby dazzleship » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:02 pm

oh Gilly sorry your day didn't end very well :hugs:

I'm sure your hubby doesn't mind walking slow and would rather be walking slow with you than fast without you :-)

are you feeling a bit warmer now?
I'm not sure what cold sweats are - I sometimes get times when I just can't get warm and I start shivering and end up like this :snowgrumpy: huddled under a blanket with a jumper on while hubby is in a t shirt. is that the same thing?

anyway hope you have better day tomorrow. :cow-wave:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:32 am

Thanks for your reply dazzle ship.

I think sometimes with fibro and my temperature......my thermostat is broken :( hot when everyone is cold and vice versa !
I don't thrive in hot weather, Spring and Autumn seem to suit me best really, I have an under active thyroid which can give flucuating temperatures also, it was just today I felt I could go for a walk then got disappointed I had to cut it short and come home in a cold sweat, but tomorrow is another day..... Always hope for a better one. :-D

Take care. Goodnight :sleep:
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:10 am

I don't get the cold sweats but I can sympathise with you with how you started to feel with the pain. I can be walking perfectly fine, then my legs, feet and back will start hurting pretty bad. Or they might feel ok then I sit down and ouch! My back goes.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi Theresa

Thanks for your reply, yes we can sympathise with one another, thankfully, on this forum.

Just get so fed up sometimes when I think I can achieve something, then pain kicks in, and all is lost!!!

I seem to be able to walk a lot better in the supermarket with a trolley, it's all about having something to lean on and it makes the pain easier to bear, I have been thinking for a while of getting a rollator to help my walking outdoors, I have tried with a walking stick a few times, but I think with the stick I shift my weight onto one side and end up with more pain. :(

Hope you are having a reasonable day x
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:35 pm

I know what you mean about leaning your weight. I dont use a walking aid all the time but when I do use my stick, I also tend to lean which causes me pain in my hip. I also tend to grip it too hard and get a sore hand!
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia