Really down

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Really down

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:01 am

Completely depressed and beaten today. Had a terrible nights sleep woke up at 11,2,4,5,6.

Had a phone call from my gp about my letter he's phoning pain clinic to try & get me an appt before December and kick the mental health team for not getting in touch.

On top of that the car broke again this morning, looks like the compressor has failed for the rear suspension as it won't pump up. The pump is £900

I bought the car last year with 36,000 miles and it's cost me a fortune to keep repairing. The aircon compressor fell off, fuel filter failed (initially told fuel pump at £1500) then air bag leak in rear suspension then the other airbag plus tyres, brakes, mot etc. Had enough I've just written to the finance Co to VT the agreement, return the car and then we'll negotiate paying whatever left I can't cope with it financially nor emotionally anymore and will have to pick up a banger locally for a few hundred £

Hoping the mil can lend us a few pounds too, I need an auto now.

Pick up an old volvo Estate or something indestructible like that.

Completely fed up.
rich44
UKFM Member

Re: Really down

Postby aziriphale » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:30 am

so sorry you had a rough night and it sucks about the car, its always the way

wish i could say or do something that will help
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:32 am

Thanks for the thought :-)
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby mary251 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:47 am

Gentle hugs, Rich. I really hope things get better for you.

I know from experience that the CMHT can take a while to get in touch. Try getting in contact with your local Mind, who will be able to offer you some support. Their website is www.mind.org.uk
Sometimes, there is simply not enough chocolate in the world...
mary251
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:51 am

Hi rich,
I'm sorry you had such a rough night, I doubt it'll make you feel any better but I had an awful night as well. Still awake at 6:45, had to get up at 8.30. The pain is really annoying me at the moment and I'm back to angry woman again!
Cars are just one of the most irritating inventions ever, you can bet your life they'll go wrong at the worst moment. Probably be less expensive to. I'm glad to see your drs finally pulling his finger out and actually doing something, I hope they help you this time.
Try to keep your chin up xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Thank you all.

Honestly if I sit and think about everything I'll just stop and cry. At least the mil has a motability car that I'm a nominated driver on so I can use that for emergencies.

Gonna be a nightmare tho
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:32 pm

I was just thinking that maybe you need a good cry? Sometimes it can help. Have you ever tried ringing that nhs counselling service? I think its called Lets Talk and I think you can refer yourself, or at least you used to be able to a few years ago xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:46 pm

I don't really like talking about this stuff over the phone, I find it really stressful and awkward iykwim?

I know what you mean about getting it all out, keep it in because I can't face the inevitable sinus pain, bunged up nose followed by a migraine having a good bawl would bring. Appreciate what you mean tho sometimes you need a good cry or scream to get it out.

Can't tell you the number of times I've laid awake at night thinking about different methods of killing yourself. Don't get me wrong I've got no intention of right now but when you're laying in the dark, depressed and in pain it's very easy well at least it is for me to go there mentally.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Lorirach » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:42 pm

I am so sorry you are in so much pain with the added burden of your car. You helped me so much with that benefits website wish I could help you! I know it's little comfort but you are not alone. If you cannot talk on the phone, let it out on here! I use this forum for rants and found people to be so supportive. It doesn't fix the problem but sometimes just knowing people are listening can ease the burden. Wish I could help more x

Gentle hugs :hugs:
Lorirach
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:36 pm

Thanks so much it might sound daft but it is true that having people thinking of you helps.

I'm so glad that site helped you it's a real relief to get an idea on what you might get money wise.
I've gotten distracted this afternoon Vauxhall have delivered a test car for the mother in laws motability, it's a trial for 3 days.

I persuaded them to try an automatic as her carer is 78 :O and watching her try and put her car in reverse is awful she needs to use both hands.

Anyway Vauxhall have kindly delivered an automatic zafira. Till Wednesday.

Anyway the carer was a bit anxious about driving it round town, she's not driven an auto before so I've been playing chauffeur in it and having some fun.

We're going out tomorrow she's driving then and we're going to go pick a scooter to go halves on and then the 4 of us go to a pub before the kids get home.

So all of that has cheered me up a lot, still got to face the finance company at some point to deal with mine. I've also emailed citroen saying altho car is 3 years old this shouldn't happen so pay up.

So we'll see if citroen will pay for it.....
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Lorirach » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm glad your day improved slightly....nothing like a trip to the pub minus children ;-)

I need to change my manual zafira to an automatic one....just not got the finance for it! Still, one thing at a time.

Hope you manage to sort out your car and any time you need to talk/rant etc, am always happy to listen :-)
Lorirach
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Yeah zafira on motability is £795 for an auto. The Fiat 500L? Is a 7 seater and the semi auto (auto or manual via flappy paddle) is only £295 on motability.

Are you on motability?

Wish I was, surrender the allowance for a brand new car and only need fuel.

Thanks for the support means a lot :)
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:50 pm

hi rich sorry to hear your going through a tough time.

an appointment 'before december'? :shock: jeez I thought my 12-week wait for a rhumatologist was bad enough.

its a bummer about the car especially as you havent had it for very long. might be better to cut your losses though at least it will be one thing less to stress about. your defimitely better off getting an automatic though we changed our car to an auto and its great much easier to drive and less hand/leg movement.

plus I dont keep stalling :lol:

i dont have anything much constructive to offer, but all I can suggest (and I honestly know its not easy to 'cheer up' when youre depressed) but do you have a favourite comedy programme or film or something you can watch, just something to take your mind off things a little bit?

maybe this will help :dogchasecat1:

someone once told me a long long time ago when I was worrying about having my wisdom teeth out - "this too shall pass". I think of that sometimes. maybe that little sentence will help you now.

:hugs:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia