shaking and irregular heartbeat

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

shaking and irregular heartbeat

Postby juleslittlegems » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi everyone just wondered if any of you suffer from this. I have Fibromyalgia, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Diabetes 1.5, difficult to control and am currently undergoing tests as i keep fainting and my heartbeat goes irregular. The past few weeks my muscles have been very tense. Not realising it until they relax if you get what mean. Yesterday and today i have had a sudden episode of my entire body shaking qite violently just for a few minutes then it stops as quick as it started! I was doing my work (small crafting business) when this happened so no exertion really. So a loaded question i know but anybody have anything similar? xx
juleslittlegems
UKFM Newbie

Re: shaking and irregular heartbeat

Postby Lindilou » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:31 pm

Sounds like you are allergic to something. I had something similiar , but not half as extreme as yourself when one of the doses of my thyroid meds were too strong. :hugs:
Lindilou

Postby juleslittlegems » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:35 pm

thank you - all the meds i take i have been on for about 7 years - i will need to take another trip to docs i think if it happens again x
juleslittlegems
UKFM Newbie

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Is your blood sugar under good control and are you testing regularly? If you're not testing it would be worth testing when you feel at your worst to rule that out if nothing else.

I'd also recommend you ask your Dr for a full barrage of bloods to be done.

Low magnesium levels can be associated with diabetes and if they get very low can cause all manner of nasties Inc heart problems.

The best way to get magnesium in is a hot bath with lots of Epsom salts in about half a kilo in the bath and soak for at least 30 minutes and it'll be absorbed thru your skin. Plus side it's a very pleasant treatment and hood for your skin too.

Other than that I'd just keep a diary of everything what you're eating, drinking, activities and record when you feel bad, see if a pattern emerges.

So sorry to hear of how bad you feel, I hope you get some answers soon.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby juleslittlegems » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:03 pm

Thank you so much. Yes that was the first thing i did was check my blood sugars as my hands go shaky like that when i have a hypo but they were fine. They arent very well controlled though despite doing all the right things. Somebody on another group has just mentioned dystonia which could happen with crps. I will ask for the blood test i think see what they say. Got to be something. Unfortunately i can only shower as i cant get in and out of the bath because of mobility issues but have heard that the Epsom salt bath is brilliant
juleslittlegems
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:13 pm

it could be a number of things i would get it checked out. mine happened due to pain,

beverley
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby juleslittlegems » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:17 pm

thank you i think im going to have to go again never been to the doctors so much in my life x
juleslittlegems
UKFM Newbie

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:26 pm

juleslittlegems wrote:Thank you so much. Yes that was the first thing i did was check my blood sugars as my hands go shaky like that when i have a hypo but they were fine. They arent very well controlled though despite doing all the right things. Somebody on another group has just mentioned dystonia which could happen with crps. I will ask for the blood test i think see what they say. Got to be something. Unfortunately i can only shower as i cant get in and out of the bath because of mobility issues but have heard that the Epsom salt bath is brilliant

Oooh in that case nice deep bowl hot water and Epsom salts and sit with your feet in it for half hour.

Hope you find some answers soon
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby juleslittlegems » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:29 pm

will give it a go - thank you
juleslittlegems
UKFM Newbie

Postby juliem » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:14 pm

Having palpitations and being shaky are also signs of anaemia as is being breathless so I'd ask for a blood count and ferritin test to be done. hopefully they will get to the bottom of it all.x
juliem
UKFM Member

Postby juleslittlegems » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:09 pm

thank you Julie x
juleslittlegems
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tel1 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:38 pm

I had that what you describe.... I called 999 for the first time in my life in December as it made me feel so weird as well.
I thought I wasn't breathing , and I could feel my heart jumping and missing beats.... so one way to find out IF there is
anything wrong is do what I did ,, at least you will know one way or the other.. AND better to be safe than sorry:))

They told me at the hospital that mine was due to anxiety !!! thank god is was... as I didn't want it to be anything else:))
but at the time, it was a living hell that I felt, so in the end, I just had to call for help...so you must do the same.
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby juleslittlegems » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:41 pm

thank you for your reply - im glad it wasnt anything too serious - i have had a blood pressure monitor on for 24 hours and blood pressure is taised and i was supposed to get the 24 hour ecg monitor on on monday but due to all hell breaking lose at home couldnt aattend so got to wait for another appointment. If i do get another episode i will do what you have suggested because its getting beyond the joke - thanks again - x
juleslittlegems
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia