I can't stand this anymore!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I can't stand this anymore!

Postby Tel1 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi All

I have had this weak aching kind of feeling for about 3 weeks....some of you might have already seen my other post
that I put on recently about the GP and Fibro and him saying to me that he doesn't think it's lupus!!! then I thought
why is he saying that, IF he doesn't know... its all very worrying for me :yikes:
He sent a letter in the post to me, asking me to make an appointment to see him as he had done loads of blood tests
on me and most of them had come back normal apart from a raised white blood cells ... so I thought, oh GOD what is that.
When I got to the surgery, I said to him, so why have you asked me to come in and he said it was due to the raise in the white blood cell, but he went on to say that it is only a little bit.. ( so I thought why did he want me to see him IF he thought just that? )I said to him, it's not cancer or anything is it?? and he said no, but we will repeat it next week, which is now this week,
so I will go on Wednesday again and do it all again in hope that it will come back ok... my dread is that it wont!! I actually said
this to him today and he said we will cross that bridge if that happens...so naturally I am still worried to death!!
The feelings I have is of tiredness aching and as though I can't cope anymore, as the feeling wont go away... I have had this
before but this time it has gone on a lot longer... I keep weighing myself to see if I am loosing weight or anything, but I am
the same weight.... but my fear is that he has some medical thoughts in his head that he wont tell me at the moment :yikes:
I feel as though I have got a liquid inside my arms and hands that feels like they are swelling up, but their not if you know what I mean.
My arms and hands and my feet feel like they are buzzing and aching.... it is very stressful and worrying... Anyone else had this?
Suffice to say I am worried about everything to be honest with you all. god help me eh:)
Tel1
UKFM Member

Re: I can't stand this anymore!

Postby Yorkiegirl » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:06 pm

I've had raised white blood cells since February 2013 - I've had every test imaginable and they are still raised!!! Normal is between 3 and 7.5 mine last week was at 12 but it has been as high as 20!!! WBC can go up even if you've got no symptoms of anything I had my first blood test to see if I was anaemic as I was always cold - this was before I was even diagnosed with Fibro - I was referred to the haematology department at hospital and they did more and more tests that showed up nothing eventually I had a bone marrow biopsy which also came back ok so they decided that it was just me and they've now released me back to be monitored by my doctor!!! Hope this help!!! Big Hugz Hun!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Yorkiegirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:18 pm

Tel, doctors are reluctant to tell most people there thoughts in case all is ok especially people that have anxiety.

Your symptoms could be that of anxiety as you are having a stressfull time or that of fibro.

Let us know how you get on, on wednesday & :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Those sound like fibro symptoms. I've had them when flaring. I don't say liquid in my arms but concrete but possibly same thing. When bad I will feel like I'm wading through think liquid just to move. You're clearly very very stressed. Your dr is right not to say anything more than what he has.mi know its hard but your worrying can be causing a flare up. Try and be patient hun x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:40 pm

WBC is raised when you have an ongoing allergy or infection and it can be something and nothing. Had a patience come in to the ward where i worked and blood results showed raised WBC which had been taken 10 days before and turns out he had had the end of a cold, but repeat bloods were fine. However if they continue to be raised it could be a sign that you are mildly allergic to something - its a wait and see. I would rather wait and see and then Dr says its nothing than tell me it may be something and then its nothing.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:40 pm

The thing is fibromyalgia is really the diagnosis of last resort so they test for everything else first.

The fact that your gp is running tests etc is brilliant really some Dr's are quite happily fobbing us off for years.

I hope you get some answers soon. All the best.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Beccie42 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Sounds like you have a GP who doesn't believe in fibro. They run loads of tests in the hope of being proved right. White blood cells can be raised for anything, including papercuts and twisted ankles. He is likly running another test to see if it is nothing like that influencing the results. Apparently, anything over 10 is too high. For the last 2 years mine has averaged 32! Raised white blood cell count is common in fibro patients. Some have other conditions too, for example i also have psioratic arthritis. I know its impossible but try not to worry. It will make it worse and it wont acheive anything else. It might be worth getting a new GP if he still refuses to help.
Beccie42
UKFM Member

Postby Tel1 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi All just to say:))) my previous GP diagnosed me with Fibro and sent me to the rheumatologist who also
confirmed I have Fibro.... but now I am with another GP is looking for everything else on top.. which is good, but also
worrying as well because he said that he doesn't think I have Lupus, but the thing is *what is * he thinking?
All I know is he is waiting for the A&A blood test to come back... which I understand is something to do with the immune
system... so depending what that says, he will then tell me what he thinks ( or rather knows:)) so I am worried still.. but
after all you people have told me not to worry too much, I will really try to take your advice and not worry. :yikes:

I will of course let you know what the outcome is... Dread!!!!
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby happyfeeling » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi I get that weird feeling across my shoulders like there's liquid or fluid. Had it a while now and the pain gets too unbearable. I have had visible swelling in that area earlier in the year when I done extremely gentle yoga at pain clinic. Gentle hugs xx
happyfeeling
UKFM Newbie

Re: I can't stand this anymore!h

Postby stephdawn » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:15 am

Hi Tel. I've had fibro for over 14yrs now. And I do believe you are having a flare up! The symtoms you have given are what I get. And that stresses mr out even more which makes me me feel worse. Liki a bloody roundabout . 2wks ago I thought I had a bladder infection so went to des. They tested my sample and it showed high WBC which said it was due to my immune system being low or high(can' remember now). Was put on antibiotics, didn't get better so they put me on a different on. Touch wood it has cleared up, but they sent my sample off. Going to see dr today. I know it's easier for me to say don't worry cause that tends to make our fibro worse but I still worry. Take care huni. Fingers and toes crossed for you. Xxxxx
stephdawn
UKFM Member

Postby KATIEP59 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:42 am

I was diagnosed 14 years ago but my FM has become much worse in the last year or two. It does sound like a flare up - I am in one at the moment and my legs and feet are always my most painful but it is affecting my knees, hands and hips too. I have no strength in my hands and I feel like I am wading through water. I also feel as if my tendons are being stretched all the time in my legs and like they will go 'ping'! I am going to my new GP to ask for a Rheumy appt as it has been 14 years since I saw anyone and am at the point where I can't cope some days. Every new symptom I get can be put down to FM but I would like some expert medical opinion as the GP just fobs it off as FM.
KATIEP59
UKFM Newbie

Postby rich44 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:51 am

My knees click horribly I know that's just the fluid under pressure rather than bone on bone but my knees are awful seeing a rheumatologist soon.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby traceywatson » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:22 am

I sometimes get the swelling feeling and it is common with fibro it is edema inside. I find the best thing for this is going to a sauna and sweating it out.
traceywatson
UKFM Member

Postby Tel1 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi all....... thanks for all your replies.... This damn condition really does get to us doesn't it...!! :yikes:

I phoned the GP surgery today and they told me that the GP is HAPPY with the rest of my blood tests, I think it was the A&A
amongst others things and so I don't have auto immune disease or lupus thank GOD!!!! but I am going to have another
FBC in the next few days to see if this WBC thing has gone back to normal)) so I am hoping it will do.... He kept asking me
before if I had a took ache infection or anything else? and I said no.... so that is why I am worrying as I don't think I have
had any infection?? oh well:)) we will see eh... However I still have to heavy aching feeling, twitches and slight stabbing
pains in my legs, arms and hands.... I am also going back to the rheumatologist again as it was 18 months ago he diagnosed
me with Fibro... so I will see what he says to me this time.... :-)
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:41 pm

I hope things do work out for you. Like I've said and I think fluppy said, it sounds like you're having a flare. Perhaps that might be causing the high count, I dont know. I havent had a blood test during a flare :-o
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia