Trying something else now :-/

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Trying something else now :-/

Postby emma83 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi everyone, I hope you are well (well as well as you can be).
Feeling a little bit lonely so thought I'd start another post to get responses from ppl who actually understand!!!!!!!
Had my 1st review after diagnoses yesterday and due to serve hang pain/numbness etc he gave me a carpel tunnel injection- no effect really so far but considering fibro give same symptoms in hands I don't really expect it to work! Anyone had this?
I'm also not on fentanyl patches (low dose) starting for pain as I've just gotta get it under control some how so I can go back to work-I'm going mad not workin :crazy: :crazy:
Having my first acupuncture tomorrow locally just paying for it as a few ppl have said it helps!
Lots of love xx
emma83
UKFM Member

Re: Trying something else now :-/

Postby Lorirach » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi, sorry you are feeling lonely - I find having Fm kind of makes you lonely as so few people actually understand or believe it is real! I have bad pains in my hands, like they are on fire, most of the time. The pain in my shoulders, legs, feet arms etc is similar and I had just started to get used to the pain when my back decided to join in as well! Not fun :(

I am currently off work at the moment but not sure how on earth I can go back. The pain isn't the worst part it's the exhaustion that gets me down so much. Walked - or rather limped! - into town the other day and ended up so exhausted that I slept for the best part of 4 days! The walk was only 10 minutes, so not sure how I will manage a full 12 1/2 hour shift!

But, like you, I do tend to use this forum to rant and to listen! It does help knowing there are poeple that do actually understand :)

Hope you start to see benefits of your acupuncture soon xx
Lorirach
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:25 pm

As different as our personal experiences are, we are all in the same boat. Paddling along, hoping that the day will come when we will wake up and the pain will have disappeared (hey we can dream right)? The point is, you are not alone. We are all here for you, anytime, day or night, sun or rain, happy or sad. This forum has taught me so much, saddened me through personal stories, and inspired me to keep trucking along.

I am on the highest dose of of tramadol that they will give you and the pain still bleeds through. Fatigue is a constant enemy, and the GP is now convinced I have ME, CFS, and possible MS...yeah!!!! I get to play around with the NHS for the next God only knows how long, to find out if it is good or bad news. To top it off, I am having to move due to no job, no money, no prospects, and nothing left to sell to cover my bills. The grand total of £72.40 a week doesn't really pay the bills, but I am still waiting for an assessment (sent in paperwork in May, it was acknowledged in June)!

The battles we fight with a smile on our face prove that we are, as a group, great fighters. Keep your positive socks on. We will listen to anything you have to say, share with you our similar stories, and pray that each of us will be able to get up the next day to fight again.

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby kayhealey » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:09 am

Oh how I would love to give you ladies a great big gentle hug. I can relate to every one of you. I think you are the bravest ladies in the world and are the spoons getting fewer or is it just me?
Better days and prayers and blessings and most of all <3
Kay Healey
kayhealey
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Emma83.....I have had both wrists done for carpul tunnel. At first they said it was fibro but as soon as the surgery was done it was like a miracle happened. The pain from it before was horrible. My arms felt they were on fire...all gone now.

I hope the Fentanyl helps you. I am on 150mcg/hr. I have been for going on 8 years now. You may need a light laxative, which is normal. Do not stop using them without your Dr knowledge, even if you find they don't help. Go back and see him first. Also, it is important to change them at the right time so you have consistency of levels.

Sorry for the rant but it is a very powerful drug (the strongest that you would get) and I have seen and heard of consequences when not used properly. A lot of people are not allowed to be at work while using Fentanyl, (company safety policies) depending on the job, because of the strength.

Living with fibro is not easy. It not only affects us but our spouse, partner, the whole family. I found I have become very secluded from people. Even though I enjoy their company when I see them, especially the grandchildren, I find I am not seeking the company. It is too much work having to deal with them. Not that we have to explain, excuse, defend or justify the way we feel, it is easier and less stressful if I keep my own company.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia