gabapentin dizzyness

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

gabapentin dizzyness

Postby hazely » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi started to take gabapentin on Thursday and i am feeling dizzy more than usual could this be the drugs?
hazely
UKFM Member

Re: gabapentin dizzyness

Postby padders » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi
I take this but cannot say i suffered dizzyness with it. But we are all different. Check leaflet inside and see what some of the sude effects can be. Then you need to see if the dizzyness passes in a week or so. If not back to drs x
Lisa
padders
UKFM Member

Postby charlotteerika » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:28 pm

It is normal for the first few weeks as explained by my doctor and the written instructions with the meds but should get better when you get used to them in time. However after a few months I started to get 'hangover' dizziness which made my life unbearable and I had to come off them. This is because my body was telling me that it could not cope with the meds. Just be mindful to the time period and/or keep a diary and express your concerns with a health care professional if the dizziness persists.
charlotteerika
UKFM Member

Postby kayhealey » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:53 pm

I had that dizziness with Lyrica but found if I took it with food it didn't happen. Also was much worse at first, faded away after awhile. May be the same with Gabapentin (or maybe not).
kayhealey
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:07 pm

ok cheers thanks for the replies. i didn't get any leaflet with the meds they came in a bottle not a box. I have also been getting stabbing pains on the top of my left breast but not sure if its anything to do with the meds or not.
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby Sari mitchell » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:06 am

I really appreciate your comments. I started Gabapentin a few weeks ago and I think it does help. My doctor increased my dosage a few days ago and I feel dizzy and have blurred vision. I also feel like it's causing bloating and possible weight gain. When I first started it I was dizzy then but after about 5 or 6 days, it eased up. Give it a week and if it doesn't get better maybe you should stop. Do what your body tells you is what my mom always says and she's always right lol Really.
Sari mitchell
UKFM Newbie

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:39 am

hazely wrote:Hi started to take gabapentin on Thursday and i am feeling dizzy more than usual could this be the drugs?

I've been taking it for nearly two weeks and I don't have any problems. Did you start on a low dose and build up?
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:40 am

hazely wrote:ok cheers thanks for the replies. i didn't get any leaflet with the meds they came in a bottle not a box. I have also been getting stabbing pains on the top of my left breast but not sure if its anything to do with the meds or not.

I get the stabbing in the breast. Hurts so bad. Pretty sure it happens around that time of month. I cant remember. Doubt its meds or fibro. More women stuff :-D
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:32 pm

Thanks for your comments

Theresa34 yes i did build it up slowly as directed by gp.

I don't have periods as have pills to stop this but never had this stabbing pain in my left breast before, so keeping an eye on it.

I'm going back to chemist tomorrow to request paperwork for meds.

I always write everything down been keeping a diary as have tried so many different meds and seem to have so many side effects that i have to come off them. The bonus with these I am now managing to get 5hrs sleep :)
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:16 pm

This linky takes you to a Patient Info Leaflet about Gabapentin if you want to have a looky before you're able to get to your pharmacist.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby hazely » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Thank you fluffypuppy
hazely
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia