Toes

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Toes

Postby Butterfly8588 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:06 am

Hi everyone,

The toes on my left foot are driving me to distraction! All but the big one just dont feel like they belong to me, they dont really hurt but they feel like they are just stuck on and I'm so aware of them all the time. They arent numb exactly, they just arent right. Sorry I know that probably doesn't exactly explain it well but I can't put it in to words. Does anyone else get this?

In the interest of full disclosure I had a rather nasty fall last Thursday night as I was getting out of the shower, my feet slipped on the floor and down I went. I'm ok apart from bruising and it was my right side that took the brunt so I cant see it being connected, particularly when it didnt start till a couple of days after. I can bend them and as I say they dont really hurt so I'm pretty sure this isnt connected.

Is this a fibro symptom? I hope it goes soon!

Gentle hugs to you all xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: Toes

Postby dotty lotty » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:41 am

Sorry to hear about your fall know how you feel just now. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Maybe your toes got bent or banged without you realising as it all happens so quickly. Hope it settles soon. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Ren22 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:05 am

I can sympathise with you as I was at a point earlier in the week where I thought chopping my toes off would feel better. I agree they don't feel like your own until you stump them or someone knocks them then they are agony, in my case I have the numb feeling until the evening when the pain is unbearable. Went to the docs yesterday and had my Gabapentin dosage upped x
Ren22
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:45 pm

I often have times when various parts of me don't feel as if they are actually mine, and I often end up asking OH if is he has been swapping bits from other peoples bodies with those of mine :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: It's a very peculiar sensation to describe, altho I know they are part of my body, I seem to be disassociated from them, and that adds to the thoughts that they really aren't mine.

As for chopping them off, well that solution is more often than not at the top of my list for what to do with them :( :( :(
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dazzleship » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:00 pm

I dont get any feelings that my toes aren't mine but I do get a weird thing where my toes on my left foot 'cross over' each other without me consciously doing it.

kinda hard to explain but there you go. :snowgrumpy:

in fact I've just realised they're doing it now.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia