feeling very, very stressed about new condition ...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

feeling very, very stressed about new condition ...

Postby Joanne C » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:54 am

i just asked a question, if the pain of fibro was ten times more with just fibro pain, or all pain. The answers came back as all pain. This now has knocked me sideways, as, as well as having fibro, ive been told i have neuralgia. I googled, and saw exactly where i get the pain. The Trigeminal nerve. i googled that. found out that it usually happens in your 60's-70's ... im 38. It also said that it is "considered by many to be the most terrible pain known to man" ... and i have it ten times worse than others due to fibro ... slightly freaking out here ....
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Re: feeling very, very stressed about new condition ...

Postby SchroedingersCat » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:20 am

Pain is individual. It only becomes a problem when you cannot function/cope with the level of pain you are suffering. Don't scare yourself with figures online that actually mean nothing. Look up pain scales instead.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:52 am

hi Joanne

please dont' scare yourself with stuff you read online. I think whenever someone googles something medical the answers are always scary.

I occasionally get pain in my trigeminal nerve due to sinus issues. it is a bad pain I'll admit, but nothing that can't (in my case at least) be dulled by co-codamol.

obviously your experience will not necessarily be the same as mine (disclaimer :-) ) but seriously, try not to worry. worrying and getting stressed will always make things worse.

sending you :hugs:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:57 am

Joanne C wrote:i just asked a question, if the pain of fibro was ten times more with just fibro pain, or all pain. The answers came back as all pain. This now has knocked me sideways, as, as well as having fibro, ive been told i have neuralgia. I googled, and saw exactly where i get the pain. The Trigeminal nerve. i googled that. found out that it usually happens in your 60's-70's ... im 38. It also said that it is "considered by many to be the most terrible pain known to man" ... and i have it ten times worse than others due to fibro ... slightly freaking out here ....

Hi Joanne,

Please be wary of this diagnosis because I was originally diagnosed with T.N because that's where my first pain was and it was excruciating. I went to Frenchay to have it confirmed with an MRI and I was officially diagnosed with it. I was offered brain surgery to try to help but I dragged my feet cos I wasnt convinced for some reason.
Then my pain reached the other side of my face and a different neurologist told me that the likelihood of getting it in both sides, especially at my age, was slim to none and told me he didn't know what it was but it was T.N.
Is yours in one side or two? How long have you had it?

Gentle hugs xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia