sore muscles, feeling shivery

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

sore muscles, feeling shivery

Postby pambergirl » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:25 pm

A couple of weeks ago I pulled my hamstring muscle. Took painkillers and used cold compress etc
Went to the doc last week because the pain was agonising, couldnt sleep.
Started taking ibuprofen as well as cocodamol. Also had diazepam.
Its improved but I now get pain across the bottom of my back and an awful knawing ache down my legs.
The skin on my thighs and buttocks feels sore and when I touch it I feel shivery sometimes too
Told the doc about it feeling sore yesterday and he said to continue with the meds
My temperature is normal.. I've stopped using the Ibuprofen because it didnt seem to do much and my stomach started feeling sore.
Has anybody else had sore muscles and feeling shivery when you touch them? Even putting clothes on makes them feel sore
Thanks
pambergirl
UKFM Member

Re: sore muscles, feeling shivery

Postby KATIEP59 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:49 pm

My muscles feel like this in my legs all the time, some times worse than others and I get areas that hurt with just the lightest brush I know exactly what you are describing :(
KATIEP59
UKFM Newbie

Postby intenceblue » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:05 pm

This is how i feel most of the time.June to end of August i could hardly walk as my muscles were so sore and very weak. So it would seem it is yet another fibro symptom. There doesn't seem to be a med that helps.Sorry you are suffering.
intenceblue
UKFM Newbie

Postby pj1943 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:02 pm

I feel like this often. I am 71 and have had fibro since my late 20's - runs in family. I take gabapentin, dihydrocodeine, paracetamol and diazepam but refuse to give in. I played golf for 40 years until it became to painful so 13 years ago bought a drive around buggy to continue 'playing' and I at least get the company of friends. Often after playing I feel like this and come home and go to bed til I feel better.
Don't give up the fight x :-|
pj1943
UKFM Member

Postby humphreys » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Hi All. I feel like my whole body muscle has roared right up to 100%, my knuckles, palm of my hand, arms, toes, kneck, top of legs, god I'm so fed up at the moment, there so tender, and I've took all my medications, I really do feel for you, hope it gets a bit better.
humphreys
UKFM Member

Postby kayhealey » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:14 pm

This is a miserable condition we have. I thought I felt bad today until I read your posts!! So sorry. When is someone going to figure this out and come up with a cure??? I am reading a book called Treating and Beating Fibromyalgia that I got on Amazon. I'm seriously considering getting off my meds except for pain, sleep and try.his recommendations. I already started getting off pregablin because I don't think it helps and it is very expensive! My dr. is OK with this. I'm getting hot flashes and sweating like mad but I'm determined. Has anyone else read this book? I would love other opinions!
kayhealey
UKFM Member

Postby pambergirl » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Now when I touch my skin on my hips I get goose bumps down my legs and if I touch my rib s under my arms I get goose bumps down my arms. Feel tired and keep falling asleep. Pain is a lot better with th extra strength cocodamol though. Last night I had the first night of decent sleep in 3 weeks. Only woke up once , took painkillers then went back to sleep.
pambergirl
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:19 pm

I get pain when things brush against my hips all the time but if i put pressure on its fine! because its nerve pain some painkillers just dont work, I was using amatrypiline it was great for a wee while then it stopped working and was keeping me awake (its supposed to help you sleep) im not on nortryptiline and its stopped working on the pain but i sleep like a log, may e worth asking your doc about something to help the nerve pain, the ones i mentioned were used as antidepressants years ago but they discovered they can turn off nerve pain and they are often recomended for fibro pain in low doses. Im just odd lol I tend to build up a resistance to drugs over time, my gp hates when I get a chest infection as I cant take so many antibiotics.
galio
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:19 pm

I get pain when things brush against my hips all the time but if i put pressure on its fine! because its nerve pain some painkillers just dont work, I was using amatrypiline it was great for a wee while then it stopped working and was keeping me awake (its supposed to help you sleep) im not on nortryptiline and its stopped working on the pain but i sleep like a log, may e worth asking your doc about something to help the nerve pain, the ones i mentioned were used as antidepressants years ago but they discovered they can turn off nerve pain and they are often recomended for fibro pain in low doses. Im just odd lol I tend to build up a resistance to drugs over time, my gp hates when I get a chest infection as I cant take so many antibiotics.
galio
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia