water on skin?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

water on skin?

Postby dazzleship » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:09 pm

hi all :grouphug:

I'm afraid I've got another strange thing to report. (sorry to keep asking loads of questions but I get so much support and answers on here it really helps me). this place is my support group :-)

anyway. earlier this afternoon I was sitting talking to someone at work when I felt a patch of wetness just above my elbow on the outside of my arm. instinctively I reached up into my jumper sleeve to rub the area but I felt only dryness. my jumper sleeve which I'd expected to be wet, was dry too.

thinking nothing of it I removed my hand and carried on with my conversation. only to feel the wetness again, it felt like quite a large patch (maybe a couple of inches diameter?) and I went to rub it again, but it felt dry to my other hand.

again when I removed my hand I carried on feeling the wetness, which distinctly felt as if my jumper sleeve and arm was wet. there was no mistaking the feeling.

the sensation lasted a little bit longer but there was definitely nothing on my sleeve or my arm that was wet.

so what caused the sensation? anyone else ever had something like this?
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Re: water on skin?

Postby helenfelen » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:21 pm

I get it sometimes! it's very weird! x
helenfelen
UKFM Member

Postby Mke02130 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:25 pm

I had the same thing today! Very strange - I had to check several times to convince myself that my sleeve really wasn't wet.
Mke02130
UKFM Newbie

Postby KATIEP59 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Yes I get that too :(
KATIEP59
UKFM Newbie

Postby Susan Stokes » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Yup! me too. So is this a documented symptom or have we discovered a new one?
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:08 pm

I've never experienced that :shock:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:13 am

I get it on my face often when im driving keep thinking the window is open or its sprung a leak, never thought of it being something to do with the fibro
galio
UKFM Member

Postby scoke » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:32 am

Yes I get it and have been having it a lot recently. Sometimes it feels like a wet patch, others it feels like a splash of hat or cold water on me or water running down my body - that usually happens on my legs... Have read about it here before and on other FM forums in the past.
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby Purpledot » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:11 pm

Yep, I get this all the time on and off.

Sometimes it's like a wet patch, and other times it feels as if water is trickling down my leg (not a good feeling!). It varies, too, as to whether it feels like it is hot or cold water.

I was told it was the nerves doing funny things, but, whatever it is, it is definitely weird! :-?
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:34 pm

I thought it was just me and I was imagining it!! It's so strange, like lots of weird different sensations I get on my skin, I just tend to ignore them now!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby dazzleship » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:15 am

wow thanks for all replies, it certainly seems I'm not alone in this wierd sensation. :grouphug:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby richard.56 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:12 pm

hi, i am glad i have read this forum as i have been having this happen to me for some time in my legs, but the other day my thumb went very numb and about 2 to 3 minutes later my hand felt as if cold water was running through it. it was not a good feeling at all and it got me worried, but feel much better now i have read this forum. thanks.
richard.56
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia