I nearly died today!!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I nearly died today!!!

Postby Tel1 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi All...

I thought it was the end today :yikes: I just got out of the car filled up with petrol and went into the kiosk to pay.
When I was at the counter I felt as though I was about to die! I was dreadful, I just felt as though I couldn't breathe
and it was turning into a panic...I just do not know how I managed to control myself, but somehow I did, and I got back in
the car and was shaking and the pains in my arms and legs were terrible.... after about 20 mins it eased off... I have read
a couple of articles that this sort of thing can happen to people with Fibro.... but have any of you had this? I have had it before
but the thing is *why* does it happen? The people who were with me were going to take me to A&E which was only across the
road to where we were... but the thought of doing that, I just felt and idiot as after it started to pass, I could only come to one conclusion that it was ME that was doing it to myself, but of course I had no control of why it was happening to me, so I thought I hadn't better waste the hospital's time and resources on me.... Oh well:)) I'm still here, so will just have to get on with life eh:)
Tel1
UKFM Member

Re: I nearly died today!!!

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi Tel,

Good to see your still with us!! :hugs:

I can only assume you experienced a panic attack. These can make you feel like your going to die as you struggle to breathe, your heart pounds, you can go dizzy and your body feels tingly and weak etc..

It could be the stress you have been under lately about the Lupus?

Anyhow im no GP just my personal thoughts and to be safe I suggest you have a chat with your GP to make sure all is ok :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby zoomie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:46 pm

Sounds like a panic attack to me too, but you ought to visit your GP to be sure. What you shouldn't have done is got back into your car and driver off, that wasn't safe to you or anyone else.

I'm glad it passed quickly, please take care x
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby davidomz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Def sounds like a panic attack! Sometimes they can hit you bang out the blue and completely floor you and you have no idea what caused it. Hope your feeling calmer now and I'd mention it to your GP xx
davidomz
UKFM Newbie

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:04 pm

I agree with panic attack. I've had them. They're horrible :( I've learned to control them so dont have them very often. I usually have the warning signs, heart rate speeding up, feeling hot suddenly etc. Mine aren't fibro. The first one started a few years ago during a very stressful time in my life. I actually ended up having non epileptic fits. I was checked out properly and told it was due to stress. I learned to control them too. I did a few googles and found some good info on bringing myself down from them or even stopping them in their tracks.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Fibroised » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi Tel1
Def sounds like a panic attack. Have had a few, and bad as they are, I now know what they are so just wait for them to pass. Knowing what they are doesn't make them seem as bad, but still, mention it to your doc in case there could be some other cause.
Soft hugs xxx
Fibroised
UKFM Member

Postby Tel1 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi All:))

Thanks for the replies.... oh GOD what a life eh:)) As some of you may already know from my previous posts I have been
checked for Lupus, Liver, Kidneys, 5 chest Xrays, 2 CT heart scans, MRI scan of body, MRI Brain Scans, Limes Disease,
Thyroid, 11 FBCs you name I have been there, and yet I still have these episodes!! It is very worrying, and yet I don't
feel worried until it happens to me like it did today.... I am sure I am going to end up in a mental home :yikes:
Perhaps I need ECT or something!! I did read that people with Fibro get panic attacks as part of the brain not working properly:))
I thought, well yeh, that's true with me, as I am not normal:) When people see me, they say, Don't you look well:)) I say to them,
oh do I ?:)) well I don't always feel wonderful... but then again when you see someone with no legs or whatever then it just
pulls you back together eh... however when you have this dreadful frightening suffocating feelings, I just think, I am just not wired up properly....I really do think that... maybe I am going to have this forever...Suffice to say, I also sympathise with others who have said they get what I get as well... terrible existence isn't it as it is all so unpredictable :yikes: :yikes:
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby rubes » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Trust me the one thing you do not need is ECT. X
rubes
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia