Whats this rash??

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Whats this rash??

Postby chookie » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Hello everyone :-)

I'm not doing brilliantly right now, I've been in a flare now for the past few months and have recorded it all down. It was by chance I did this, I went to see a gynae from recognising endometriosis/cyst complications that I had a laparoscopy for 6 years ago.

The cyst and endo are mild, glad to say but I was going down the route of having a hysterectomy but after she found pain in my ribs, a series of events led to finding protein in my urine and costochondritis.....ouch.

I've asked for a immune disease blood test and had that taken a few days ago now, it'll take 2 weeks to come back. What I wanted to ask is that I have a rash on my face, like the malar rash and it's on my chin too. Is this from Fibro? I was diagnosed with FM a few years ago now along with M.E.

My GP has now left the surgery, I will really miss him and he said that he was sorry it it all turns out to be Lupus.... we tried together for over 6 years to figure all this out. There are other GP's there though that are equally as good :-)

I'm trying to get my Foundation Degree finished now, I have 6 assignments before January to write and submit... ain't nothing going to stop me. I'm snoozing every few hours and getting back up to write :crazy:
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: Whats this rash??

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Have you looked at lupus rash? I was going to suggest that til I read your gp thinking it.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby catlover13 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:24 pm

The lupus rash is called the butterfly rash...its usually on the nose and either side of the nose and looks like the shape of a butterfly ...hence the name. Dont really know much more than that. Hope everything turns out ok xx
catlover13
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:57 pm

Fibro doesnt usually cause a rash, but some of the meds do. I agree with the others get it checked out by your GP
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia