Auditory hallucinations

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Auditory hallucinations

Postby alibp » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:26 am

Had an auditory hallucination today followed by a total crash that sent me to sleep for 3hrs. I don't know what to blame this on. I have had them in the past and put it down to Epilepsy but those were usually followed by a seizure or I was perfectly fine after. This time there was no seizure, I was feeling fine before hand (in the past I would be feeling unwell).

I don't know if this is the Epilepsy but a different after effect to usual or if it could be down to Fibro or medication. I have been on my Epilepsy meds for years, same goes for the Tramadol. I have only been taking Gabapentin a few months. I have Naproxen most days but didn't need it today. The crash happened shortly after I had taken my meds. My ears still feel uncomfortable from it which isn't usual for me.

Has anyone else had this issue with Fibro or those medications? Sometimes I find it hard to know what to bother the drs with or which Dr to bother.

So tired of there always being something. I am also stressed and slept a lot yesterday so don't know if that could be a contributing factor.
alibp
UKFM Member

Re: Auditory hallucinations

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:35 am

Surprised they have you on tramadol if you suffer from epilepsy. I don't have epilepsy but had terrible uncontrolled muscle spasms on tramadol, I was almost hurling my phone across the room.

I get olfactory hallucinations seeing a neurologist on 22nd October for that and all the other weird stuff.

Can you try backing the tramadol down a bit see if you then feel better?

I'd give your gp a call let them know just in case
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby alibp » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:55 am

In so much pain all the time that I only have occasional days that I can cut down the tramadol. Really limited when it comes to painkillers as so many can interact with the Keppra or Lamotrigine that I take for Epilepsy. I also have an allergy to Asprin and stomach problems that rule out most anti inflammatorys. Keep being told that despite the side effects and the fact I'm still in extreme pain most days I am actually on the best combination of medications that I can be on.

Seems like there is always something these days. Can never just have a clear day with just moderate pain and tiredness. Sorry to be whiney but getting me down.
alibp
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Know how you feel is was taking them and they made me violently sick so stopped and got nothing now because they won't prescribe painkillers to a 38 year old.

I'm seriously depressed right now
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi alibi

Just reading your post, sorry to hear you are in a lot of pain right now. I would go along and have a good chat with your Gp. It's the Tramadol in your meds that just struck a chord with me, my dad fell and broke many discs in his back 3 years ago and was put on Tramadol until last Xmas, suddenly epilepsy turned up with him aged 87, never had anything like it before so Dr immediately weaned him off Tramadol.

Myself I don't have epilepsy, but take Lyrica, an anti epileptic drug to try and control my fibro pain, I have been on it a few years now, I can't write glowing reports about the drug as somedays are still painful, but it ask myself the question.....would I be worse still without it.?....it is hard as the doctors don!t seem to have much else on offer for us. :(

Of course we are all different, we all react differently to medications, but I do hope you can see your Gp and have a chat, hopefully he can come up with some answers for you.

I know exactly what you mean, when there is something each and every day to cope with, at least on here we know we are not alone.

Take care

Gilly. X
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Postby alibp » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:38 pm

I know that I would be worse without the meds. The Gabapentin has mostly stopped the burning and needle/broken glass feelings on my arms. On my very bad days I know the Tramadol and Naproxen help because after a couple of hours I can be in a lot more pain so dread to think how bad that would be without them. I have spoken to Dr a few times and been told I have a good combination of meds.

Last time I saw my Neurologist I was having a moderate flare but looked bad enough for her to be rather concerned. She has said that if the gp continues to say they can't do anything more then she would be prepared to up my Epilepsy meds as they can have a pain relieving effect. The gp has referred me to pain clinic so will be going there late October. Not holding my breath on that one though.

I'm 35 the gp feels I'm maxed out on meds and I just had a wheelchair delivered so I can still get out on my moderate days. Sometimes it's hard to be as positive as I used to be.
alibp
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:01 pm

alibp wrote:Seems like there is always something these days. Can never just have a clear day with just moderate pain and tiredness. Sorry to be whiney but getting me down.

No need for apologies ali :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Pretty much all of us have, and still are experiencing similar situations to what is affecting you, so you're in good company on here :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: We understand just how far, and how quickly it can drag you down into its horrendous depths, so we always keep a rope in the corner that we can throw down to you to try keep you within reach and hopefully help get you back up thru that hole to somewhere a little lighter and brighter.

There definitely does seem to something lurking around the corner these days, waiting for the worst possible time to jump out and cause maximum carnage. When this happens tho, even when we are at our worst, we still manage to find a way thru it and move on to the next obstacle. This is because there is something we have, be it inner strength, resolve, stubbornness, or whatever other name it may have been given, that keeps us going in the hope of finding that ever~elusive answer to our dreams/hopes/wishes etc. And it takes such a lot to extinguish this little something, that even when we think we have burnt ourselves out, there is still that little flicker left to keep us going.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby alibp » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:14 pm

I know I have it in me but it's a bit hard to find today. OH just asked if I was going to go with him to collect the children from school. I told him I wasn't quite right and he offered to push me in the wheelchair. That's why we have the thing but as soon as he said it I felt sick and scared.

Keep telling myself at least we don't live in the small town we left last year as they would really gossip but still worried I will get looks and people will be trying to guess why I'm in it. I also get scared that my partner is just going to end up being nothing more than my carer, pushing me around on my moderate days, feeding me on my bad days. Trying to get my head round the chair but still going hungry if my hands are too bad to feed myself. Not much strength there so guess it's no wonder things are tricky right now. Need to find a way to feel like it's ok, I'm ok and my partner is ok as right now it feels far away from ok.
alibp
UKFM Member

Postby stephdawn » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi alllbp. Darling I had a car accident about 16yrs ago and I'm only 46yrs now. At first I had to use a wheelchair and hated it cause I was so worried what people would think. At first people would talk to the person that was pushing me and I got so upset cause it was my legs that wasn't working not my bloody brain! ( sorry for swearing) . T took me a while and when it did happen I was brave enough to tell people. I was then diagnosed with our lovely friend Fibro! I was put on many drugs but after moving about 3yrs ago I actually got a fantastic dr and also a pain clinic dr. I also had 3 Mini strokes that was the main reason for moving, and my husband had to give up work to become my full time carer, which he is just getting his head round as he is 54yrs old and he has always worked since he was 26yrs. Any way back to today. I'm on gabepentin and Amitriptyline and diazepam plus others, touch wood they are doing the job! In the last year I've been in and out of hospital for pancreatitis and other gastro problems that's why I can't take any anti imflamitry drugs.. I've just had an MRI on my back and waiting for the results. It has been so bad that I've had to use my wheelchair all the time we go out. Please go back to your gp and ask about your meds and also see if there is any support around where you live. If ever you need to chat or rant and rave please don't hesitate to write to me. That goes to any one else reading this post. So sorry to go on but just wanted you to get you know a bit about me. Hugs go out to you huni. Take care x :-D
stephdawn
UKFM Member

Postby mandy1010 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:02 am

Hiya.. Ive been trying out a slimming aid just now.. Its working and I am losing weight.. But better than that it helping my fibromyalgia symtoms.. I dont think I can mention it on here as it might be advertising.. But if you go into ..shake it to good health..on fb… There is loads of info..I hope you get relief soon x
mandy1010
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia