Going through Flare up right now

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Going through Flare up right now

Postby TNK* » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:37 am

I was feeling ok, not even had any effects after my op a few weeks ago, but now I have caught a cold, and it has wiped me right out, im not even full of it, just got some sniffles and a bit of a fuzzy head, have had a bit of a temperature but nothing drastic and certainly nothing the co codamol cannot cope with.

Just feel a bit pathetic as usually i carry on through coughs and colds, this is the first one that has floored me.
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: Going through Flare up right now

Postby kazak » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:44 pm

hi tnt
ur not pathetic ur reacting to a virus in the usual way for someone that has fm, so don't be too hard on yourself and rest up. :sick:
kazak
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Sorry to hear things aren't so peachy at the moment :( :( :( Just when you think things are bobbling along nicely, it's not unusual to find FM lobs something spanner~shaped at you, just for the sheer frell of it :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sometimes the smallest thing can knock us down harder and faster than what we realise :roll: :roll: :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dazzleship » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:18 pm

hi TNK

sending you :hugs: to get through your flare up.

I don't think your pathetic at all - the way I understand it is that fibro is already exhausting our bodies so when something else comes along like a cold etc it is just one extra thing for our bodies to cope with and it hits it hard. if that makes sense. :-?

here have a cat.

:cat2:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:41 pm

Thankyou for your replies, i have managed to drag myself out of my pit and get a bath, feel a bit better,m going to dope myself up with a bit of Lemshit I think
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby pepperpig22 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi

I am having a flare up really bad one this time off work sick don't know if I will get the sack as this is my last warning my doc thinks its flared up because of injury to ribs when I was attacked at work in april just gone I have applied for pip but still waiting not had it this bad for ages had flu jab last week which didn't help and now I have a sore throat. I try to stay positive but ppl u work with who u think are ur friends don't bother asking if ur ok, and had enough of all the meds keep changing now need to go to physio and pain clinic feel like crying and disappearing from society altogether. xxxx :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
pepperpig22
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Hope the lemsip helped, pepperpig its not an unusual story unfortunately hopefully once you are over the flare things will start to look a little brighter
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby iblinkin » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi TNK*, i am a fellow fm warrior and i have had this condition i believe all my life and although i will not be able to work for the rest of my life and i have had just about everything this horrible disorder has thrown at me and maybe more and my point to all of this ramble is that it can get better and you can improve your quality of life. I know as i have done this with a fair amount of success, but one must keep in mind that we have to take baby steps to progress as oppose to us being impatient and in a hurry to get better.. don't we all? I look at my life like being in the movie groundhog day as each day seems to be a new day due to new ailments or fibro fog and so on.. so what i do is not react strongly to something and instead i accept it as part of my life and worrying or stressing over it will only make it a heck of a lot worse and it will! Keeping calm and relaxed is extremely important for us warriors and it's very easy to trigger a reaction and this is something we do not want. Now about your cold and please do remeber i am speaking from my own experience and i am not a Doctor. I take about 4,000 iu's of vitamin D (drops not pills) per day and this has many benefits for us especially with upper respiratory illnesses such as colds or whatever. I also take a product called Neuro-Mag as it helps with the spasms and memory funtion, some days are still hard but i do see a big difference in my memory..magnesium is very important for us as is potasium which is in bananas. I almost hardly ever get a cold anymore but use to get every possible virus going around and more! And that's due to the Vitamin D liquid drops (as the pills have very low absorption levels and you will only be wasting your money with no benefit. Also look up nigtshade foods and remove them from your diet and there are cookbooks for fibro which is good to have. Good luck and always smile.. it does help. :-D
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby madchickenlady » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:48 pm

HI Tnk, don't knock yourself for being overcome, the cold will have tipped you over the edge,its important to take time to recover properly and don't try to rush it, hope things improve soon :-)
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Postby eileen4891 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi Tink you are not alone it wipes me out too . Pamper yourself and rest .Hope you feel better soon x :-D
eileen4891
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia