constant headaches

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

constant headaches

Postby Gilly52 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Hello everyone

Does anyone have any tips on dealing with constant headaches, I have severe frontal headaches, the pain being in my forehead, I can wake with a headache and it is still with me when I go to bed.

I am on amitripylene for sleep, Lyrica for pain, I have steered clear of codeine as my Gp believes it causes rebound headaches.

I have widespread pain through my body but I find these headaches very debilitating, no concentration, fatigue etc etc and as the day goes on I generally have a clammy feeling all over my face, this may be due to temperature control, as fibro just breaks our thermostats :yikes:

I hope everyone is as well as they can be and you have a good weekend,.......I look forward to any tips anyone may have, we try hard to keep smiling :-)

(((Gentle Hugs))) Gilly x
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Re: constant headaches

Postby di doc » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:28 pm

I have had a headache now for 52 days had all different medication tramadol, naproxen, bedranol, sumatriptan, diazepam and now gabapentin still got the headache day and night waiting to see the neurologist now
:sleep:
di doc
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:00 pm

Hi I found acupuncture really helped my headaches. Ur gp can refer u to ur local hospital or physio. Its really helps with pain too. :-)
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby stephdawn » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:44 am

Hi guys. I suffer with a lot of headaches that you r describing :yikes: . I have now bee put on 1.5mg Pizotifen 2 times a day. 1 in the morning and 2at night. They are working to a degree, but I've got a lot of personal stress at the moment :yikes: . So I seem to waking up with them! I also use the Kool and Sooth strips on my heads at night, they help as well. But was told by my gp to try and not get so stressed, he's a very good gp but it's easier said thn done :yikes: . I hope you all start feeling better soon. Hugs to you all xx
stephdawn
UKFM Member

Postby Roger Rabbit » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:24 am

Hi firstly let me say that I really feel for you I know exactly where you are at.
Perhaps you need to ask to see a neurologist via your GP where you can get some proper help.
Often preventative medication is used for headaches that take this format. i.e. propranolol, topiramate, there are many more
Then there is acute pain relief i.e. Sumatriptan (IMIGRAN) again there are others that can be used.
Myself, I am not a fan of Amitriptyline I found it made me feel very "heady" almost a frontal headache drugged feeling.
Like you I had headaches and migraines everyday for 2 years but with the right drugs and dosage they finally got sorted out but sadly for me it was also the start of my Fibromyalgia.

I hoe some of this helps you. x
Roger Rabbit
UKFM Member

Postby stephdawn » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:13 am

Thank you for your advice. I'm seeing my gp on Wednesday due to having an mri on my back so i'll have a chat with him then. Thanks again xx
stephdawn
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:09 am

Normally i get these headaches when i am doing too much and not allowing my body sufficient rest, never found a pill that helped, but if i don't heed them and stop i can end up losing the use of half my body. I have found meditation to work best, but have also heard good things about acupuncture too. If might to worth coming off all the pills to see if it is them, you can slowly stop one and if they don't go away then start it again and stop a different one. I take codeine all the time because i am allergic to everything else, so it seems, but they don't cause the headaches as my body is now use to them.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Keep going » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Hello all,
I'm just coming out of a blip period , in which I had severe migraine type pain, I'm seeing a neurologist in November. Stress plays large part for me. I am on 40 mg amitryptaline and 225 venlofaxine for anxiety and low mood.

I also get weird pain, tension that I used to call growing pains , at night . anyone get this ?
Any advice on meds or tips for these headaches ?
Keep going
UKFM Newbie

Postby robbiecramp » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:04 pm

Hiya I never had a problem with Amitriptyline and now take 125mg along with paracetamol, tramadol full dose of gabapentin naproxen and baclofen but get your vitamin d checked out as I am sure this can be attributed to headaches as I used to get them but now my vit d's are getting up it seems better.

I tried Lyrica in pregablin and this start my headaches back up and ended up going back on tramadol.

What you must remember is everyone is different but always try and give them a month and see you GP and pain clinic consultant and if he is any good he will get you to try others

Good luck and hope you get headaches sorted

Robbie
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:31 pm

Hello everyone

Thanks to you one and all for your replies to my post.......much appreciated :-D

Gilly x
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Postby king sugriva » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:37 am

Hello I suffer with headaches there is the constant one i get all day then there is the fast one which is like being kicked in the head inside out this usually last 30 seconds to a minute i can never seem to get used to this its unbearable. I also get brain fog and my memory is getting worse i also get the Fibromyalgia pain which shift all over the body and other symptoms chronic fatigue being another. I have now been unwell for over 5 years and about 3 and half years ago i requested a brain scan just to eliminate any concern of anything going on in the brain I was refused the neurologist said - You have Fibromyalgia syndrome so its not necessary to scan. This is the first time I have seen or heard any comments regarding Headache and Fibromyalgia. :-D :shock: 8-)
king sugriva
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:31 pm

Headaches and migraines are well~known, associated conditions/problems with FM. Mine has been with me since Day 1, and after 14 and a half years I can't recall what life was like without elephants partying in my head :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: Same with the other hurtynesses, they have become my constant companions :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia