I think I'm a medical anomaly (most of us are)

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I think I'm a medical anomaly (most of us are)

Postby JDWench » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Had a full spine MRI a few weeks ago and have been referred to orthopaedics & trauma, not sure why. Today I got the results and although all my symptoms point to a prolapsed/herniated disc trapping nerves everything came back fine, I'm now being referred to a neurologist, god knows what they are looking for or what they intend to do, I'm also being sent for physiotherapy but so far I've had to turn down appointments due to not being able to attend. I have no idea what's going on and it feel everybody is keeping me in the dark.
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: I think I'm a medical anomaly (most of us are)

Postby whoami » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:27 pm

JDWench....it is a good thing that your Dr's are giving you a thorough check up. I will suggest you ask for copies of results from tests as well as xrays. They can put your xrays and MRI on a disc for you. Great for future reference. Also, insist on them telling you in words understandable exactly what is going on. You have the right to all info. Keep us informed.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: I think I'm a medical anomaly (most of us are)

Postby Pootle24 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:39 am

Hi I have been through everything you r going through to be told that it was all in my head, which as u can imagine was awful to hear I just wanted them all to have just 1 day in my shoes and then tell me it was all in my head, I really hope that you get the answers you r looking for and more understanding than I did, good luck and keep us posted x
Pootle24
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia