Opinions please

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Opinions please

Postby babycakem » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:28 pm

I am really struggling at the moment, I used to be a fun loving loud outgoing girl and now I just seem to be down all the time, I don't find the stuff I used to find funny, I don't feel like myself and I feel as if I am pushing everyone away, I feel like I'm pushing my boyfriend away, we can't joke any more we can do any of the things we used to, we can't play fight we can't mess around if he says something that I would normally laugh at it's like I don't get that he is joking and I take it really serious.
He thinks I'm not trying to be how I used to be but I just can't seem to be that person any more... I don't know what to do anymore we have been together since forever and we have been engaged a year but wedding planning was put on hold due to me being like this!
I feel like I should be at the happiest part of my life but I'm not!
I don't know who I am any more and I don't know how to be the me that everyone knows and loves please help me understand what is going on and how to be ok from this. I don't want to lose him.
Thank you in advance for the help
babycakem
UKFM Newbie

Re: Opinions please

Postby Nutradiva » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:13 pm

It sounds like you are depressed. Maybe you need to go and see your Gp. It might be that you need something temporarily until you pickup. Don't let it ruin your relationships. I hope this helps
Nutradiva
UKFM Newbie

Postby Hellyn » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:04 pm

sorry to read how your feeling.
yep, sound a little depressed...get referred for some talk therapy to off load how your feeling...it may help sweetie..see your dr. don't let it fester and spoil yourself a little.

hellyn :woot:
Hellyn
UKFM Member

Postby mandiw » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:44 pm

You sound as if you are feeling just how I was when I first got this illness. I was really depressed and anxious that I wasn't my "normal" self.
I took it out on my husband and kids too. I felt as though I had lost a lot of me, my humour, fun, confidence, health,what I was able to do with my family, hobbies, and what did I have in it's place???
I managed to get Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and it made me realise that this was to be my new "normal" and that I should try to adjust my life to fit it.
I took up new hobbies and they are beginning now to turn into a business that I can do in my "OK" times. I talked to my family, which was essential for them to understand how I was feeling and found info on the internet for them to read about Fibro and how it can effect us.
I know it's hard but di try to accept your new "normal", it may be with you for some time, and try to adjust to your life accordingly.
You will be able to play with your partner and have fun and laughter together again when you have "OK" times, we just have to make the most of them when they come.
I hope you feel better about things soon.
mandiw
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi babycakem, i have gone through all of what you have said here and more! Believe it or not it can and will get better, just like what mandiw posted is true you will start to improve once you have accepted this but not give up hope as you will have good days, it's just we have to learn to be patient and try and smile... it's one of our best weapons so embrace it. Please go to the help section here for hints and tricks or whatever for there is a lot of info there that should help give you some of the relief you are looking for. Gentle hugs and kind thoughts going your way.
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby sgirling » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:22 am

hi, im sorry to hear you are not coping with things at the moment, maybe take a look back to when you first lost yourself hun was it a new medication maybe thats changed your outlook on things ???, you do however sound depressed are you taking duloxetine as this may help some or hinder others i found when i was on duloxetine that i turned into the biatch from hell and my poor husband and daughter whose 9 really felt like they were walking on eggshells until i realised the fact it was the duloxetine that changed me but do go and tell your doctor your feelings as they are there to help us. good luck hun and chin up xxx :-)
sgirling
UKFM Newbie

Postby nicolag71 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:21 am

I know how you feel. I'm 43 and was diagnosed 18 months ago. I got remarried in 2012 to the most amazing man who's taken on me, my 3 songs and crazy dog!! I get really down some days and feel like I have fooled him into marrying a dud! I have a really supportive gp and great friends who help me. Speak to someone and get some emotional support. Don't lose what you have. Has your fiance read much about fibro? Stay strong. Big hugs xx
nicolag71
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia