Arrrggghhh so annoying

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Arrrggghhh so annoying

Postby madchickenlady » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:04 pm

I will have been off for 6 weeks by the time this certificate runs out and I am still having varying days of pain, yesterday was a good day but I went out to a wedding fair with my daughter, we were out for a fair few hours but I felt great.

I came home and felt really optimistic but today I feel like crap again,of course I overdid it but I was enjoying being out and about, when I got home I rested and just pottered around for a bit , I didn't sleep well last night so maybe that hasn't helped either but I need to be sorted for next week as I have got to go back to work, bloody Fibro is a pain in the arse literally :-x
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Re: Arrrggghhh so annoying

Postby Helhit » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:58 pm

It's blooming awful isn't it?

I'm in bed where I've been for the last 5 hours. I Overdid it yesterday and like you I'm paying it for it now. Sometimes there's things that we just have to do to make life seem a bit more normal and we'll have to suffer the consequence.

I'm on week 3 of a phased return of 3 hours a time and it had been going ok until today, but I'm hoping it's just a one off.

Keep pacing yourself the next few days and I hope you're soon ok again.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby Ria Landon » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:58 pm

I think you're both brilliant for sticking at your jobs.

I wish I could get back to work but the longer I am out of work the less likely it seems that I will ever get back to it. And for me, getting used to the world of the benefit system has been soul destroying :-( Although I am now doing some voluntary fund raising to keep me sane and help me feel somewhat useful again!

Anyway I just wanted to say good on you both and as hard as I know it is to hold down a job livng with fibro, I would encourage you to keep going as long as you can.

Love Ria x
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Postby Roger Rabbit » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:37 pm

I have had family visiting from abroad and I spent one full day with them sight seeing in my wheelchair. It was a very long day but I truly enjoyed every minute of it. There were a lot of firsts, first time on the train in my wheel chair etc. The day was amazing. :woot:

Then then the usual Fibro heart aches, next day so much pain couldn't move. A week later (today) is the first day that my pain levels have been back to normal pain. :sick: Mentally I have been so happy, so it can't be put down to depression! People just do not believe you that it can take so long to get over one day and how ill you feel. I have found it so hard this week feeling so ill and so frustrating.

With you all the way, try not to worry about what other people think. I know its hard when you work, but if you have to take time off then you have to. Remember to pace yourself otherwise you will only end end up in a viscous circle. Thinking of you. x
Roger Rabbit
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Ria, thank you for what you said.

I've been in work today for another 3 hours and actually feel ok. I'm resting up on the settee, but feel like I've achieved something.

I'm determined to keep going, but this time I know my limits.

Roger rabbit , good to hear how happy you are despite the aches and tiredness. I'm all for using whatever you can to get about and stuff anyone who doesn't understand. It makes me giggle when I think how many times I've been asked what have I done to my leg when I'm out using my stick - obviously there can't possibly be another reason for using it!!! And it would take too long to tell them all my ailments. I just say I need it now and again; that seems to do the trick.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby madchickenlady » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:57 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone,I had a better day yesterday and went to meet friends for coffee so that cheered me up,I phoned work today to let them know I will be back and they say I have to do a phased return because I've been off for 6 weeks,I work as a nursing auxiliary and I do three 12 hour shifts a week, this works best for my Fibro as I then have four days off

I am going back to do two shifts of 7.5 hours the first week and then three 7.5 hour shifts the second week, my matron hasn't worked out the third week yet but we are going to discuss it when I go back next week

When I went off sick I was exhausted and in so much pain I didn't know what to do with myself so I have spent the last few weeks trying to sort myself out, I have started to work on sleeping better because I do tend to stay up late so I am gradually bringing the time I go to back back to a more suitable time, I have switched to decaff coffee and I am carrying on with a Gluten and wheat free diet, the diet has been the hardest to keep up, I am ok at home but when I go out to eat I end up just eating what I would have before, so I need to work on to that next

I also subscribed to the Fibromyalgia magazine and got a copy of the guide called Self Help Exercise Guide For Fibromyalgia ,its got loads of good advice about exercising with Fibro, so I am also going to follow the plan and see if that helps too, I have had a lot of time to think while I have been off and I have realised that I haven't been taking care of myself and I have been more depressed than I would like to admit, I also feel better when I am being proactive in managing my symptoms and I think I had been letting the Fibro manage me instead of the other way round

I have also realised that its no good pushing my body beyond what it is capable of at this moment because I will end up in the state I was in when I went off sick ,so I have learned to listen to my body and if its showing signs of stress through increased symptoms then I need to be kind to myself and take it easy

Another thing that has helped is a list, I have loads of jobs that need doing around the house and I keep mentally adding them to a list in my head,I realised that this mental list was stressing me out because when I go to bed and try to sleep all these jobs start going round in my head.so I have got myself a notebook and I have written everything down, I keep it with me all the time and every time I think of something I have to do it goes in the book,this has stopped me thinking about it all at bedtime and its also quite satisfying crossing things off too

So that has been my activity over the last six weeks, I am hoping that all these things I have put in place will help me to take better care of myself :-D
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Postby madchickenlady » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Helhit wrote:It's blooming awful isn't it?

I'm in bed where I've been for the last 5 hours. I Overdid it yesterday and like you I'm paying it for it now. Sometimes there's things that we just have to do to make life seem a bit more normal and we'll have to suffer the consequence.

I'm on week 3 of a phased return of 3 hours a time and it had been going ok until today, but I'm hoping it's just a one off.

Keep pacing yourself the next few days and I hope you're soon ok again.

Sorry to hear you have been ill and I hope you recover soon, its hard knowing when to stop sometimes xx
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Postby madchickenlady » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:08 pm

Ria Landon wrote:I think you're both brilliant for sticking at your jobs.

I wish I could get back to work but the longer I am out of work the less likely it seems that I will ever get back to it. And for me, getting used to the world of the benefit system has been soul destroying :-( Although I am now doing some voluntary fund raising to keep me sane and help me feel somewhat useful again!

Anyway I just wanted to say good on you both and as hard as I know it is to hold down a job livng with fibro, I would encourage you to keep going as long as you can.

Love Ria x

Thanks for your encouragement Ria ,I really can't afford to give up my job so I need to keep going as long as I can, well done on doing the voluntary work as well xx
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Postby madchickenlady » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:12 pm

Roger Rabbit wrote:I have had family visiting from abroad and I spent one full day with them sight seeing in my wheelchair. It was a very long day but I truly enjoyed every minute of it. There were a lot of firsts, first time on the train in my wheel chair etc. The day was amazing. :woot:

Then then the usual Fibro heart aches, next day so much pain couldn't move. A week later (today) is the first day that my pain levels have been back to normal pain. :sick: Mentally I have been so happy, so it can't be put down to depression! People just do not believe you that it can take so long to get over one day and how ill you feel. I have found it so hard this week feeling so ill and so frustrating.

With you all the way, try not to worry about what other people think. I know its hard when you work, but if you have to take time off then you have to. Remember to pace yourself otherwise you will only end end up in a viscous circle. Thinking of you. x

sorry to hear you have been suffering Roger Rabbit, its awful when you want to join in with family things but you know you are going to pay for it afterwards, that's what happened to me on Sunday, my daughter was excited about the wedding fare as she is getting married next February so I really wanted to go but I knew I would pay for it the next day , I get fed up of not joining in with things but sometimes you just can't do it,I hope you are feeling better now :-)
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:17 pm

Madchickenlady thanks for your post (i tried to copy it and put it on this post but i don't know how to do it) :pcsmash:

I worked 10 til 1 on Monday and Tuesday and on both days I went straight to bed until 6.60pm. Yesterday I was too tired to do anything, but i did manage to walk the mutts. Mind you we only managed just about 10 minutes :dogrun1: (it was raining and my old dog Lady wasn't amused and my Yorkie Lola looked like a drowned rat, so they were both happy when I headed back home).

I was back in today and it went really well. So far I don't feel like I need to go to bed, so here's hoping I'm getting a bit more used to it.
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby madchickenlady » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Helhit wrote:Madchickenlady thanks for your post (i tried to copy it and put it on this post but i don't know how to do it) :pcsmash:

I worked 10 til 1 on Monday and Tuesday and on both days I went straight to bed until 6.60pm. Yesterday I was too tired to do anything, but i did manage to walk the mutts. Mind you we only managed just about 10 minutes :dogrun1: (it was raining and my old dog Lady wasn't amused and my Yorkie Lola looked like a drowned rat, so they were both happy when I headed back home).

I was back in today and it went really well. So far I don't feel like I need to go to bed, so here's hoping I'm getting a bit more used to it.

Glad it went well on your last day at work, I am hoping It will be ok when I go back but will have to wait and see, my dog doesn't like the rain either, we went for a walk earlier and on the way back it started to chuck it down, she practically dragged me back up the hill to my house :lol:
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia