Bad day turns into good

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bad day turns into good

Postby madchickenlady » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:43 pm

I have been walking more this week in preperation for going back to work next week, yesterday I went for my usual hour long stroll with the dog and was aching slightly all the way round then had to stop for a few minutes because of pain in my groin but I made it so I was quite pleased

This morning I did my stretches before getting out of bed and they seemed to help when I stood up so I will be carrying on with that, however I had to go to town for a bit of shopping and boy was I in pain, I was ok when I left the house but it just crept up on me while I was walking round, I managed to get everything I was supposed to before heading home, I took a couple of paracetamols and two 30mg tabs of codeine and went and sat down to read for half an hour or so, I try not to sit for too long without moving so got up to do a bit of tidying and the pain had almost gone so I expect the painkillers had kicked in, the rest of the afternoon was spent pottering round the house

My daughter goes for a run in the early evening so I walked down with the dog and met up with her on the route, so I managed another 1 hour walk this evening with no escalation of background pain, It did chuck it down on the way back though so we got soaked, the dog was not happy :lol: I then had a lovely hot shower too relax my muscles then spent the evening relaxing, I am pleased with my activity levels so far and hope to keep it up but will obviously have to take it day by day

I have also given up caffeine in the last couple of weeks and I am sleeping a lot better now, the only problem is I really like my instant Lattes and having a cup of boring decaff isn't the same,so this evening I have treated myself to an electric hot milk frother so that I can make my own decaff version,its the little treats of a nice frothy milky coffee that cheer me up when I am fed up :-D
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Re: Bad day turns into good

Postby dazzleship » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:57 pm

hi

good to hear you had a good day in the end, and that you managed a nice walk with your dog :-) wow you did well walking for one hour!

I know what you mean about a nice milky drink. I don't like coffee but I do enjoy a nice cocoa from time to time.

anyway good that you turned a bad day into a good one. I hope you have many more. :-)
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby madchickenlady » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:56 pm

Thanks :-D my hour walk is a slow stroll but I try to do it at least 3 times a week if I can,it also depends on how worn out I am from work but I've just been off for 6 weeks so have more energy than normal :-D I do love a nice hot chocolate as well as coffee :-D
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:56 am

Well done with your increased activity levels. Hope it continues.

I like hot [chocolate] but only get a little froth heating the milk in the microwave. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby pj1943 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Well done!! If possible I try to keep active too. I play 9 holes of golf with other senior ladies like myself although 13 years ago I had to buy a buggy to drive round in or give up golf. I decided it was more important to play for both health and social reasons :-) and its has worked out. Where possible I walk from the buggy to shots and to the tees to give myself some exercise. Can be very painful at times :yikes: but worth it.

We have a local charity furniture recycle warehouse so I volunteered to work 1 half day weekly helping to restore things. I absolutely love it :-) and I get exercise helping with sanding, polishing and upholstering items. I've even learned French polishing!!! :-) Although I go home shattered and in pain I feel it's worth it and take my painkillers and hot bath with lots of Epsom salts in it.

Keep going with your walking and enjoy as much as you can :hugs:
pj1943
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:02 pm

Where do you buy Epsom salts from? I know both my hubby and I would benefit from using them.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:58 pm

Hello helit

Epsom salts....I felt sure my local chemist would have them

, I try to support local shops if I can, but no luck, young assistant looked vague when I asked her.....I remember my Mum buying them from there in a green/red tin , ok I suppose it was a few year ago lol

On my return home I ordered some from AMAZON .....quite easily, good to soak in your bath with, but also good just in a foot spa for a soak. Hope they help both you and hubby.P

Gilly. :-)
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:55 pm

Gilly thanks I'll have a look on Amazon.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby madchickenlady » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:58 pm

pj1943 wrote:Well done!! If possible I try to keep active too. I play 9 holes of golf with other senior ladies like myself although 13 years ago I had to buy a buggy to drive round in or give up golf. I decided it was more important to play for both health and social reasons :-) and its has worked out. Where possible I walk from the buggy to shots and to the tees to give myself some exercise. Can be very painful at times :yikes: but worth it.

We have a local charity furniture recycle warehouse so I volunteered to work 1 half day weekly helping to restore things. I absolutely love it :-) and I get exercise helping with sanding, polishing and upholstering items. I've even learned French polishing!!! :-) Although I go home shattered and in pain I feel it's worth it and take my painkillers and hot bath with lots of Epsom salts in it.

Keep going with your walking and enjoy as much as you can :hugs:

Hi, sorry I didn't reply straight away I have not been here since I posted the last reply, good for you in keeping active, I am sure it helps a lot,your voluntary job sounds interesting I would love to learn how to french polish, I recycle furniture by painting it :-)
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Postby madchickenlady » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:01 pm

Helhit wrote:Gilly thanks I'll have a look on Amazon.

Are you in the Uk if so I bought mine from Boots,they are just in a bag and were on special offer for £2.49, I am glad I checked actually because I found some in the health food shop and they were £8 which I thought was too expensive :-)
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia