Thigh pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Thigh pain

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi all x

I generally get bad thigh pain during flare ups. I'm having them now. Today is a bit weird. I have a worse pain in the middle of my right thigh. I've never had this before. Anyone else get this pain? I wouldn't call it sharp but more dull but sore. It hurts whenever I get up and walk. Strangely no pain when climbing the stairs...Hmmm
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: Thigh pain

Postby major64 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi right thigh pain is one of my all the time pains. Ranging from dull to stabbing then numbness. No matter what pain killers I try it makes no difference. So not much help I am afraid.
major64
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi mine is leg pain in general. Hip, knees, amkles and calves. At night is worse ibroprofen gel helps cause its cooling. Sometimes heat helps ot depends. Gud luck :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby pj1943 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi I have thigh pain - used to be only in right thigh but one day I had no pain and thought yippee!!! :chicken-dance: Shouldn't have been so stupid cause the very next day it came back with a vengeance in left thigh :( :( Now I have it in both thighs and can't get up steps unless there are rails which I use to pull myself up with, only problem with that is my arms and shoulders hurt then :swear1: Like Major64 no painkillers help with this
pj1943
UKFM Member

Postby stephdawn » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:29 am

Hi guys. I suffered with this for about 10wks on what I call my good leg. I kept going to the drd and kept telling me it was a trapped nerve so kept giving me different meds each time. In the end it got so bad and the meds were upsetting my stomach so in the end my gp referred me to the hospital for an MRI on my lower back and thighs. Well they came back clear which was good. And the following week I saw a lovely consult and after examining me he said that I had had a fibro flakier up which has caused my muscle and tendentious to swell which ment they were rubbing against my thigh. He told me that it is a very common thing if you have fibro. So in the end he had to give me an injection of anesthetic and a steroid injection around the area! Good god that bloody hurt! My husband said it looked like I was having lipo suction! ( now I know why it bloody hurt!) . Any way he said it could take upto at least 3mths for the steroid to work! Once the anesthetic wore off it hurt a bit and I've now got a huge bruise! But heyho. It still hurts but it is slightly easing off. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hope this has helped you guys. :-) . Take care guys.x
stephdawn
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:35 am

hi Theresa sorry you're suffering with this pain at the moment :hugs:

I get bad pain in the middle of my thighs / just above knee from time to time. it's like you say a dull, deep pain. it also tends to make my muscle feel really hard/solid to the touch.

anyway hopefully it eases for you soon. xx
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:21 am

This morning the weird pain is gone. Although my thighs still hurt all over. Think I'm still in a flare. Its funny but the other day I noticed my fatigue had lifted a bit and then I realised why the pain was worse. They had bloody switched! Grr. They like to take turns in annoying me :evil:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:43 am

hi glad you're a bit better today

it's like the weather though isn't it? :roll: :-) fibro changes just as often and you never know where you are with it.

:hugs:

stay warm and cosy and look after yourself. I prescribe you an emergency dose of chocolate :-)
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby mimildred » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:57 am

Hi All

Thigh pain and weakness was my first symptom and remains the worse. Dull, ache, muscle spasms, and the muscles have gone all 'lumpy' through not being used as much. My thighs are also the area I get the 'burning' sensation the most.

Haven't found any painkiller which works yet, but my GP is working through a list the consultant gave him, so I am hopeful.

Please could I be prescribed chocolate as well? I think I have the relevant symptoms......!!
Mimildred
mimildred
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:07 pm

mimildred wrote:Please could I be prescribed chocolate as well? I think I have the relevant symptoms......!!

*solemnly hands over the prescription*

don't eat it all at once now. :-D
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia