Massive foot pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Massive foot pain

Postby Queenie_70 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:11 am

I wonder if this is an extension of an issue I had from quite a few years ago. I was working for the DoD (Department of Defence), and was sent on a temporary assignment, long story short, on my way home I had to run across Minneapolis airport to catch my connection and I was in agony by the time I made it. I was awarded $200 by the airline, but that did nothing for the pain, nor the inconvenience of not being able to walk properly for about 3 weeks. Now I am....a lot.....older, it has come back to haunt me.

Thank you for all the input and stories. I will start exercising/stretching out my feet. I am not against exercise on the whole, but usually am so tired I can barely get my head off the pillow let alone think about moving extra, but these I can do sitting, or in the bath/shower.

Maybe instead of slippers I will get some basic plimp soles and that way I can put my inserts into them, have warm feet, and hopefully not annoy the muscles :)

I have a dream. I dream of a time when we are all taken seriously, and there is a treatment that gives us back quality of life :)

Gentle hugs to one and all xxxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:52 am

I was referring to your answer....you pretty much summed it up

Some one must have posted at the same time as me so it looks like I was directing my post at them x
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby DonnaMorgan14 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:55 pm

hiya, i have fibro but also been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitus. I noticed some months back that i have a lump on the instep or arch of both my feet and do get severe pain, it feels like i am walking on marbles. On Wednesday i am going to have the one lump removed from my right foot as having had an ultrasound they said it was a Plantar Fibroma (Benign) Tumour , which they will send off to be examined as a precaution. I have heard a lot of Fibro sufferers have Plantar Fasciitus. I would just go and get it checked out by your GP for piece of mind. I also suffer with a lot of pain in my right ankle but not sure if that is the fibro or walking incorrectly due to plantar fasciitus or these fibromas, or all three put together. Dreading the op as you can only partly weight bare on the operated foot and my other hip gives way so looks like we could be in for a bit of trouble :roll:
DonnaMorgan14
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:14 pm

oh dear yet another one that I get too, was diagnosed with plantar 3 years ago before i got my hms and fibro dx, did all the exercises but I think due to the hms just wasnt getting the sort of stretch the physio expected, after 6 months the pain had settled to one place and gp did steroid injection, i went from hardly able to bear putting that foot down to doing a 8 mile hike after 2 days, but unfortunately its now back in both feet im waiting for appointment to see about insoles as my high arches have now collapsed and like many here fine it agony in the morning putting feet on floor and after sitting for a while too, my gp blamed the time i spend on my feet and wandering around at break times in the playground, the ot and physio said i was doing the best thing out at the moment by wearing trainers as they have good arch supports but they are just not quite enough for me. i try to remeber to do the stretches befeor i get out of bed in the mornings and it dose help a little,
galio
UKFM Member

Postby MPSGuy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:06 pm

I also have foot pain which varies from sharp pain if I step a certain way, to a dull ache when walking, to burning and aching at rest (especially night time). My feet also get icy cold very easily or alternatively go bright red and feel too hot in the evenings. Weird. :-?

My GP felt this was down to flat feet (I'm not convinced but what can you do) and referred me to podiatry to get some insoles made. When I was being measured up for the insoles the guy did say most people find insoles do help with pain. I haven't got mine yet so I can't confirm if this is true or not.........

There are numerous other causes of foot pain, like plantar fasciitis or small fiber neuropathy, but they cause quite specific symptoms and the doctor should be able to rule them in/our quite easily.

I find wearing supportive walking boots laced up tightly does help me walk with less pain..... although it hurts a lot when I take them off. :roll: I stay active by taking codeine and paracetamol before I need to walk anywhere.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia