Returned to work

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Returned to work

Postby madchickenlady » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Well I returned to work on Tuesday and it went ok, it was a bit of a shock getting up at 5.30 am though :( I have gone back on a phased return so I'm working a 7.5 hour shift instead of a 12 hour shift,I paced myself throughout the shift and pain wise it was kept under moderate control by my meds
One of my colleagues gave me a lift home so I didn't have to wait for the bus, I was really tired when I got home and was tempted to have a nap but I kept myself awake because I didn't want to mess up my sleep programme, I managed to last until 9.20 pm then went to bed and I didn't wake up until 9 am the next day :yikes:

I had Wednesday off so I just pottered at home doing housework, walking the dog, a bit of knitting and reading, I then worked again on Thursday and had another good day, I noticed that I had more pain so took some extra painkillers to try to nip it in the bud and that seemed to work
I have had today off and have just been pottering round the house and pacing myself carefully, I also have tomorrow off so I am going out to buy some bits I need for my bathroom which I am meant to be decorating, I think if I just do a little bit at a time I should be able to get it finished
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia