oops over done it!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

oops over done it!

Postby galio » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:01 pm

idays from work and my son who is disabled due to hms and more than likely has fibro too but hasn't been diagnosed finally got a house so after our planned 3 night break hubbie and I hit the new house with a vengance, well he did I did a 220 mile drive to visit mum, spent 2 nights instead of the planned 4 then drove home again, what did silly me do the next day? painted both sides of 5 doors, papered a wall and helped lay a carpet! now when i got up next day and had a bad shoulder and could hardly hold anything you would think i would get the message, but no that night i helped my son build up his bed, lots of lifting and holding heavy metal in place as my son put in the bolts then we fought with the slats and once we manoeuvred the mattress on we made the bed up! ok ok I listened to the body then and had a day off but then today i have been at it again, painted 2 sides of a door and then papered another wall, well the new pain on the block is upper arms feel like a cross between that one you got as a kid when someone gave you a dead arm and that that from someone twisting your arm up your back, I swear I can feel the muscles twisting in my arms!!! we only have 6 weeks to get the hole house decorated so that my son gets all the decorating grant the council are offering (the only room that didn't need done was the bathroom the place was rather grubby and lots of plastered holes where the council had moved switches and sockets) so I have said im doing no more till wednesday as i am finished work at 1.15 and the next 2 weekends will be spent getting the hall and kitchen done for him. I feel so lucky that at the moment I am not as badly affected as many on here but I know deep down that I am getting slowly worse but I refuse to give in without a fight I am hoping to keep on working for a few more years for financial reasons i have reduced my hours this year and it could well be an option to reduce them further in the future and hopefully slide slowly towards early retirement due to my health issues, I have been back to work for 10 weeks and already have had to have a day off as i just couldn't get out of bed for pain and exhaustion so heres hoping thats the average per term for me. tomorow I am not getting up till I realy have to I shall be best friends
with my duvet till at least 10am!
galio
UKFM Member

Re: oops over done it!

Postby DonnaMorgan14 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:12 pm

we all do it hun, have one good day and three bad, but some times unfortunately you really do have to push ourselves that extra mile, we are hoping to move in the near future and tbh i am dreading it but it will hopefully be to a bungalow instead of the three bedroom house we are currently in so overall it should be easier for me to manage. best wishes xx
DonnaMorgan14
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:41 am

You sound just like me....I forget that my body is not as fit as it used to be, and I push and push myself to get things done and then wonder why I can't function for a week. My brain says, this is the list of chores and errands that need to be taken care of, my body says, we will do one of those if you are lucky. It bothers me as I have always been a busy person, which by the sounds of it, you have been too, so to slow down, or not push yourself feels so against the grain. My partner is constantly telling me that I cannot do it all, and that I have to change my thinking. He is right of course, but that is so much easier said then done!!!

Good luck with the house. A move is stressful enough without worrying about whether you will get it all done. I know in the six weeks I have been in my new place some boxes have been relegated to the shed until I feel like I can tackle them.

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:55 pm

yip think im still in denial lol have huge problem with my right hand now, think its more likely to be the HMS though, been a good girl and used my thumb splints managed to get my hand into a marigold with the splint on to do more painting! went along yesterday and did one side of a door but then of course the frame needed done and that led to the skirtings and the fuse box cover and the next door frame!!!!! :crazy: i may learn one day lol. but all this decorating for my son has made me realise just how shabby my house is looking now so once Christmas is past the paint will be coming out to give a bit freshen up in my house, but I may manage to become supervisor and just point out the bits hubbie has missed, :twisted: think i may be in mortal danger if i try that though lol.
galio
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia