Heated under blanket

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Heated under blanket

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:36 pm

Feeling excited. I've ordered a mattress heated blanket of that makes any sense lol I got a dual one for our double so if hubby doesnt want heat, I can still have it. I've heard its good for arthritic and fibro pain. I have both lucky me lol Also got my Epsom salts yesterday so feeling very positive right now. Restarting the Pilates soon too. Kids off school this week so might have to wait. I need peace and calm when working out and they just don't provide that kind of environment :lol:

Let me know if any of you have used or use an electric blanket type thingy and how it works for you x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: Heated under blanket

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:57 pm

We have a heated under blankie and it's wonderful. It has double controls like the one you've ordered so OH can have his set how he likes and I set mine to what suits me. OH tends to go for higher temperature over a short period of time whereas I have a lower setting and leave it on all night. I find it does help, not just when it's cold, but when things are feeling that bit more uncomfortable during pretty much any night. It gives me that little bit of extra easing thru the night that can help make getting up in the morning a little less stiff and hurty.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby carolad » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:09 pm

I recently bought an electric heat pad - it's only about the size of a pillow but I love it :) It heats up instantly and is good for neck/back pain. I'm sure a heated blanket would be even better!
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:04 am

I used a heated wrap during the day to help to ease my stiffness and pains. Really useful and couldn't be without it. I've not tried one for the bed though.
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:04 pm

I have a heated shawl, pad and large cape and the are fantastic. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia