Take a petition to my PIP Hearing???

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Take a petition to my PIP Hearing???

Postby cocobella » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:22 am

Hi everyone, hope you are all as well as you can be :-)

Some of you may know I have my tribunal hearing at the end of next month for my PIP claim. I was disallowed by JUST 2 points :yikes: I also have my report from the ATOS assessor and you would think it was about someone else it is jam packed full of errors. I have my GP and my physiotherapist currently compiling a contrasting report as some of the "findings" on examination do not run true with my condition i.e. full range of neck in my motion, which I have not had for over 3 years!!! as I have NO muscle tone in one side of the neck. I do have a solicitor assisting me via legal aid and she is coming with me to the hearing.

This idea may be a bit "out there" but do any of you think that a petition may be useful to bring along to the hearing, i.e. signatures from everyone I know and everyone who sees me struggle daily. I would probably just keep it to a minimum of family and friends.

What do you think??

Regards,

COco x
cocobella
UKFM Member

Re: Take a petition to my PIP Hearing???

Postby LibbyWick » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:48 am

So great you have such great support from GP, etc. I can't see a petition doing any harm. The more evidence the better. :goodluck2:
LibbyWick
UKFM Member

Postby nj63 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:25 pm

The best thing you can take is letters from your family and friends saying how it affects your life and their lives and your ability to be able or not be able to participate in family life and social life. True life events it worked for me. A petition say's nothing but letters come from the heart GOOD LUCK xx
nj63
UKFM Newbie

Postby becbob » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:23 pm

I have added letters from family to help with my claim so maybe that would be better, like the poster above me suggested. I thought the whole point of a face to face assessment was to tell them about how your condition affects you overall. Not just how you are at any given moment. I could do some off the excercises they give you to do one minute but not the next. And something I do now could badly affect me hours or days later. Just goes to show that they are trying really hard to stop benefits to all those that really need it. I hope you get it all sorted soon.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby Vxr2000 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:16 pm

I would suggest as said above that you get your friends and family to write letters regarding your condition and submit them recorded delivery if you have time as all evidence must be submitted by a certain date before your hearing. They won't accept additional evidence on the day. Best of luck. X
:roll:
Vxr2000
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:16 pm

Another one for the letters I would imagine they may ignore a 'petition' but letters would make that harder to do
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nikkip » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:48 am

LibbyWick wrote:So great you have such great support from GP, etc. I can't see a petition doing any harm. The more evidence the better. :goodluck2:
nikkip
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia