back and legs

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

back and legs

Postby heatherjswiegers » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:24 pm

Hello
I have been suffering fom fibro for most of my life, 37 years. My lower back and buttocks are my. Patches painful areas. About a month ago the pain got worse. The back and buttox have always felt bruised, some areas feel numb but are sore numb, spasms, pulled muscle feeling, cramping and sharp pains down my legs. But never all at the same time with no relief. This is causing not only muscle spasms in all my back, neck and arms, as i have had this before but this is also worse than ever, even my headaches are worse. I am on 60mg of MST, 150mg of ametriptaline, 50mg diclafenac, oramorph, highest level of gavapenton and paracetemol. I am on other meds as well

I have waited three weeks for an appointment with my GP, previously there has been shortages of steroids at the particular branch and yesterday morning I had a feeling that there would be a shortage. I have considered phoning ahead and warning them, but was unsure on how to do this. I went to the appointment yesterday and surprise, surprise they only had one vile, the doctor was not Happy and neither was I. He said we would need at least four views for the injections in my back and buttock. I have been given another appointment 7-11-14. I was fuming, I did not have a go at the doctor. I was so frustrated and so sore.

It makes me really mad, this in turn caused my sore shoulders to spasm. I am in all round agony. Even my fingers are hurting as I type. I am really struggling. I feel lower than usual and am struggling with getting out of bed. Walking to the kitchen today is causing fire pains in my legs on top of the other pains. The lest painful is living down but even this causes so much pain.

Does any one have any suggestions

Heather :cry:
heatherjswiegers
UKFM Member

Re: back and legs

Postby iblinkin » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi heatherjswiegers I'm so sorry you are in so much pain and can appreciate where you are coming from especially with the spasms, finger pain and so on.

Are you taking any vitamin or mineral supplements?

Does your Dr. have you any Diaretics?
If so that can be a bad thing as Diaretics flush out the minerals from our bodies and we already have enough trouble keeping the minerals balanced.

Your diet is extremely important, i have posted in the index under help/tips on coping as have others here and there is a lot of info there that may be helpful to you.

I must go now and lay down rest. Good luck and i hope things get better for you. :-)
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby heatherjswiegers » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:35 pm

Hello iblinkin
I do take some vitamins, I will look at the help/ tips and will change my diet. Must admit I don't eat much. I get really bad bouts of sickness dispite anti sick meds. I still put on loads of weight.

Thanks for posting, you have helped
heatherjswiegers
UKFM Member

Postby Katiemarie111 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:56 am

Hi heatherjswiegers, so so sorry to hear you are in such discomfit! It definitely isn't dealing with pain constantly! From experience with back pain when I was younger, I loved going for a shower and leave the warm water run down your back or to put a hotwater bottle behind you! Just said I'd say what had helped me in the past! Still new to the fibromyalgia seen! Hope you will feel better soon. Katie xxxx
Katiemarie111
UKFM Newbie

Postby iblinkin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:53 pm

Hi heatherjswiegers, glad i could help and are you taking lyrica? I f so that is a major source of weight gain.

Make sure to eat protein 3 times a day as our bodies need it and it helps to lose weight.

Cheers! :-D
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia