Flu jab reaction

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Flu jab reaction

Postby emma83 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:32 am

Hi all :-)
I had my flu jab yesterday as I figured it was worth it as I imagine having flu with fibro is 10 times worse. However this morning I've woken up feeling like poop! Also OMG my arm really hurts!!! My mum however is fine. I've read a few things saying ppl with fibro can get a reaction from the jab and that it does hurt more as skin/muscles more sensitive.
What are other ppls experiences after the jab.
Xx
emma83
UKFM Member

Re: Flu jab reaction

Postby Noni » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:39 am

Hi Emma, I got my flu jag yesterday, my arm is sore but I feel fine, I think it's an individual thing and also depends on the strain of flu they inject you with. Hope you feel better soon
Noni
UKFM Newbie

Postby AliCat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:25 am

Hi. A flu jab was the beginning of the end for me. It made my muscles and joints so painful and I was pretty much housebound after a couple of months. I'd never ever get another.
AliCat
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:26 am

My arm hurt but otherwise OK :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby jrules1fair » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:45 am

Hi emma83 i have fibro and had my flu jab last week. I was exactly the same. My arm really hurt was lumpy and hard and went red and everytime someone touched it it really hurt. It never bothered me before only got diagnosed this year. Maybe whats being said is true
jrules1fair
UKFM Member

Postby emma83 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:23 am

jrules1fair wrote:Hi emma83 i have fibro and had my flu jab last week. I was exactly the same. My arm really hurt was lumpy and hard and went red and everytime someone touched it it really hurt. It never bothered me before only got diagnosed this year. Maybe whats being said is true

Yeah my arm is hard and swollen where I had it x
emma83
UKFM Member

Postby rubes » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:52 pm

No problems here just sore arm for a few days.
rubes
UKFM Member

Postby Roger Rabbit » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:45 pm

I had the flu jab, one day afterwards lump, hurt, rash, felt coldy and off colour for a week. Glad I had it, was worried about reaction as had it once before and reacted badly and felt as if had full flu!
Roger Rabbit
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi Emma83, i myself stoped taking it after bad reactions and reading an article stating that people with fibro should not have the injection.. sorry i do not recall the source but i have not had the shot in years (and not getting the flu) and they say we should have it so others don't get infected.
Seeing as we stay home most of the time, i would say that the chances are very low for us giving it to someone else.

Cheers! :-D
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby PMKing » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi, I've not had the flu jab for the last 6 years at least. I'm diabetic on top and had all sorts of problems having the jab, I ended up with a heavy bug that wouldn't go and it compounded the FBS. These days I just get a cold if I'm unlucky
PMKing
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Do please with fibro get a flu jab for free or do we have to pay.... If so were do you get them from. I need one because i don't want flu as well as fibro.................... :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Boots normally sell them, fibro isnt classed as one of the conditions were a jab is necessary but some areas (doctors surgeries) offer them others dont
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby galio » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:03 am

had my jab toinght, sore arm as usual and itch was unreal this year, I have only once felt under the weather with it and have the sore arm for a few days every year, Ive been getting it for years now due to having asthma, Im wondering if we could get the new nasal spray instead if the injection causes so much pain, I have been assured by 30 children today that it tickles your nose :lol:
galio
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia