Food shop home delivery

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Food shop home delivery

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:03 pm

We had a voucher so I thought this would be a good idea to get the heavy stuff I struggle to carry, even from the trolley to the car and car to kitchen.

What do they say about best laid plans...? :lol: I've just spent about an hour on the floor trying to put it all away! It won't fit! Am now aching like a good one and had to give up!

Did not think that through....lol. :mrgreen:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Re: Food shop home delivery

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Awwww bless! I home shop too. The monthly shops can seriously knock me for six. I think next time divide things up when they arrive. Prioritise each set and take breaks inbetween x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby MrsP77 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:41 pm

I use home shopping, I don't know about any other shops, but Tesco will place your shopping where ever you want it. I actually have on my 'notes' I am disabled and may take time to get to the door, and occasionally the driver will offer to put stuff in the fridge for me :-D Asda's only stop at the door. Luckily my house is only small so I have the shopping put on the table and go from there. Freezer gets put away first obviosly, then a little rest, then fridge stuff, another rest then cupboard stuff. Bathroom stuff goes onto the stairs and gets taken up as and when. Most supermarket deliveries offer a reduced price if you buy 3 months in advance which means you can have as many deliveries as you like, but you do have to spend a certain amount. I love having my shopping delivered, and I do prefer Tesco's as they seem to take more care with use by dates, and will let you know if there is something in your delivery which is close to it's date so you have the option to take it or not!
MrsP77
UKFM Member

Postby Paisleyjane » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Hi, we have done this for ages and usually alternate, a bit of change. Used Morrisons last week as they have just started. The shopping came from a depot, ours was Sheffield, 50 miles away. Driver said it was to give best sell by dates. Seemed very good, brought shopping in and left on kitchen table.
Much easier way to shop.
Paisleyjane
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:10 pm

Ah I didn't buy any fridge/freezer stuff, it was purely heavy stuff like tins. The driver was fab and bought it all into my kitchen, but then needed to take the bags out of the crates so it ended up all over the place! And I decided to have a bit of a sort of my cupboards while putting it away so that it would fill in, but err that plan didn't work!

I've left the rest of it for partner to sort when he gets back. He'll be delighted :mrgreen:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Susan Stokes » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:29 pm

Been using Tesco for years. The frozen stuff goes away immediately, fridge stuff next - the rest of it may be there for a couple of days unless my son comes and makes it all disappear. I am tempted to try Morrisons as if I could go around a supermarket that is the one I would choose.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:27 pm

when i home shop i put all the frozen stuff away when it arrives, then work on the rest as i am able to do and if it is still in the bag the following morning there's no one here to notice and if anyone did notice then they can always put it away if the wish.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Fairytaz » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:21 am

Yes, always freezer and fridge stuff first, vegetate for a while, put rest away :)
Fairytaz
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia