Is this my life now?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Is this my life now?

Postby taraloum » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:45 pm

Theresa34 wrote:You can take paracetomol with Tramadol x

Okay, thank you x
taraloum
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:15 pm

taraloum wrote:
Theresa34 wrote:You can take paracetomol with Tramadol x

Okay, thank you x

When taken alongside Tramadol, paracetamol boosts the painkilling efficiency of Tramadol.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tigs » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:07 pm

taraloum wrote:Your on antidepressants and tramadol? I was told I had to come off my antidepressants (which were Sertraline 100mg) because SSRI's and Tramadol and effect each other :/ does it affect you badly being on both? I will definately be going back to my doctor because I have been off my antidepressants since July because I was told I couldn't take both tablets together and have been really struggling with my depression :/ quite annoyed with my doctor now

Hey I made it back on , can read your reply and I'm writing back...check me out! Ha ha ha!

Anyway, yes I am on both. I don't have depression I was placed onto the Sertraline for my fibro symptoms and it really helped but sometime the pain is unbearable (as you know). One day I was so desperate I took some of my husbands Tramadol (after paracetamol based pain killers did not work) and they helped. I mentioned this to my doctor and she asked how often I would take them (Tramadol) as they can lower your mood. I explained as often as I needed to (which she knew would be as little a possible cause I like to find herbal alterative if I can). I always take 150mg of sertraline a day and on average 200mg of Tramadol. It seems crazy they're not giving you anything to help with your depression because by relieving those symptoms will really help with your Fibro symptoms surely? Like I said I have only been trying to understand this the past 3 months myself so not sure how helpful and of my information is but hope it helps in some way.
Stay strong :lol:
Tigs
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tigs » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:14 pm

taraloum wrote:I will ask my doctor about vitamins and things, hopefully it will help me too. I was never offered codeine but was put straight on oramorph and tramadol. I only take the tramadol now as the oramorph knocks me out and I currently go to college but am struggling a lot with it. I am wary about taking medication that is addictive as I have had a alcohol addiction in the past, I am over it now and am tee total.
I will ask about the pain clinic, what kinds of things do they do there?
Thank you x

Hi taraloum
Sorry me again I just wanted to say I am also having talking therapy to help me come to terms with the diagnosis and the effects it's having on y life. I had to self refer but the doctor suggested it and gave me the number. Its a hard call to make, but trust me the hardest thing is making that 1st call. Worth a try to along with healthy life style and pains clinic.

Good Luck. Would be great to hear how it all goes x
Tigs
UKFM Newbie

Postby taraloum » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:10 am

Tigs wrote:
taraloum wrote:Your on antidepressants and tramadol? I was told I had to come off my antidepressants (which were Sertraline 100mg) because SSRI's and Tramadol and effect each other :/ does it affect you badly being on both? I will definately be going back to my doctor because I have been off my antidepressants since July because I was told I couldn't take both tablets together and have been really struggling with my depression :/ quite annoyed with my doctor now

Hey I made it back on , can read your reply and I'm writing back...check me out! Ha ha ha!

Anyway, yes I am on both. I don't have depression I was placed onto the Sertraline for my fibro symptoms and it really helped but sometime the pain is unbearable (as you know). One day I was so desperate I took some of my husbands Tramadol (after paracetamol based pain killers did not work) and they helped. I mentioned this to my doctor and she asked how often I would take them (Tramadol) as they can lower your mood. I explained as often as I needed to (which she knew would be as little a possible cause I like to find herbal alterative if I can). I always take 150mg of sertraline a day and on average 200mg of Tramadol. It seems crazy they're not giving you anything to help with your depression because by relieving those symptoms will really help with your Fibro symptoms surely? Like I said I have only been trying to understand this the past 3 months myself so not sure how helpful and of my information is but hope it helps in some way.
Stay strong :lol:

Well done you haha :)

I will definately speak to my doctor about that, quite annoyed as I have really been suffering with my depression but figured being depressed was the lesser of 2 evils,
Thats what I thought but always thought that as the doctor said it that I really couldn't take both together.

Have you found any herbal alternatives that really work?

Thank you x
taraloum
UKFM Member

Postby taraloum » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:12 am

Tigs wrote:
taraloum wrote:I will ask my doctor about vitamins and things, hopefully it will help me too. I was never offered codeine but was put straight on oramorph and tramadol. I only take the tramadol now as the oramorph knocks me out and I currently go to college but am struggling a lot with it. I am wary about taking medication that is addictive as I have had a alcohol addiction in the past, I am over it now and am tee total.
Thank you x

Hi taraloum
Sorry me again I just wanted to say I am also having talking therapy to help me come to terms with the diagnosis and the effects it's having on y life. I had to self refer but the doctor suggested it and gave me the number. Its a hard call to make, but trust me the hardest thing is making that 1st call. Worth a try to along with healthy life style and pains clinic.

I will let you know how it all goes, I am having the last two tests before I can get my official diagnosis next week but my doctor has said she is 99% sure it is fibro but has to follow protocol.
taraloum
UKFM Member

Postby Tigs » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:31 pm

taraloum wrote:
Tigs wrote:
Thank you x

Hi taraloum

I will let you know how it all goes, I am having the last two tests before I can get my official diagnosis next week but my doctor has said she is 99% sure it is fibro but has to follow protocol.

Hey taraloum

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and hope your appointments go well and your questions are answered :lol:

I have always taken multi vitamins (bit of a fitness boff I'm afraid...or was!!...Sure I will get back to it someday). Anyway old habits die hard, so even though the exercise has had to stop I still take multi vitamins and drink herbal teas. Green tea is amazing plus its an anti oxidant and natural anti inflammatory. I can tell the days I drink it and the days I don't.

Good luck this week

Hugs :crazy:
Tigs
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia