kicked to the curb.

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

kicked to the curb.

Postby JDWench » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Today is one of those horrible days that comes up behind you and pushes you over then stands on you as you struggle to get on your feet.
After the festivities of Halloween (my favourite day of the year) I spent the entire day dressed as a zombie and it was so much fun, people were taking my picture in shops and stopping to talk to me! I went to uni and was the only one dressed up then missed an afternoon lecture to shop for a birthday present. I've been so happy lately, it really does make all the difference to my health.
Today however, my feet are on fire, joints are aching, my back is tender, the cramp in my legs and feet is horrible and I'm so fatigued it's almost driven me to tears. I'm abandoning the day I had planned for tramadol and bed. I feel so defeated and helpless mainly because I have no idea how long this will last. Could be a day, could be a week. There's nothing I can do and as you all know this feeling of being out of control is possibly worse than any physical symptoms. Maybe I'll call this much needed downtime?
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: kicked to the curb.

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:42 pm

I'm right there with you hun! I'm back to exercising after my last flare. I know the flare will come again. It always does. But that's just something I have to accept and take on board. I know exercise is great for fibro so I'm not going to stop until flare mode when I will be forced to rest. Still trying to work out how much exercise my body can cope with before I pay for it. But I will keep fighting on! Don't despair hun x I know its hard to tell when a flare will come on and how long it will last. Just remember that it will end eventually and you will feel at your best again x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:24 pm

Sending virtual :hugs: :hugs: lots of [chocolate] [chocolate] and :cake: and whatever liquid refreshment you prefer.
:cup1: :wine:

Hope you are up on your feet without the struggle very soon. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:23 pm

When it's something nice that has caused the flare, even tho it is extremely frustrating, knowing that you had such a good time beforehand can help make dealing with it that little bit easier.

Even tho your body is rebelling at the moment, hang on to the glow that the happy feeling has been giving you as it will help guide you thru the cruddiness and back to those lighter and brighter times.

Wrt Tramadol, taking paracetamol alongside it can help boost its painkilling effects, so might bee something to consider doing {if it's a suitable combo for you} esp during flare~up times to help make you feel a little more comfortable.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Angie Baby » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a fibro fighter and a sufferer. We was due to see our latest grandchild on a scan today in Lincoln today.
I was all set last night and had worked out the route from Grimsby to the scan centre. We would have seen our latest grandson. Instead, I came down with a bad cold and a bad migraine. :yikes: . Gutted!
Angie Baby
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:40 pm

My holiday really knocked me for six, have been in a lot of pain since and last night/today in particular agony! But I guess it's the price we pay for doing something, only it's so frustrating.

Hope you feel better soon x
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby iblinkin » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi JDWench, sorry for your pain and discomfort. I get the burning feet also and i have been eating yogurt every day and i find it helps a lot as it reduces the uric acid in our blood, i also have salmon once a week as this also helps but please keep in mind it does help and over time it gets better, not perfect but a least better and more tolerable.

Try to eat protein 3 times a day as we need more than regular people...

I hope this helps you some.
Cheers and keep smiling! :-D
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:50 pm

First and foremost, I hope that you recover quicker rather than slower sweetie. maybe one day of real rest will do the trick and have you back on your feet.

I have found that I cannot, and will not make plans. Each day dictates what I am capable of. Today, not so bad, was able to use the cane as falling over to the right seemed to be the order of the day, Wednesday, not good, had a fit that lasted two hours and was incapacitated from 1700 Wednesday evening to Friday morning.

I used to work, I used to make plans and go out and enjoy life, but the longer I have Fibro the less I do plan. I have rearranged birthday's to fit in with a better day.....I am not trying to teach you how to suck eggs, I am just saying that maybe you might want to consider having "loose" plans that you can not feel upset about if the Fibro catches up. This is the only way I find I can take a rest day, because I know I have not let anyone, including myself, down, by not doing what I said I was going to do.

I hope that made some sort of sense and not insult anyone.....

Gentle hugs to all out there :hugs: :grouphug:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Thank you everyone, we're all in the same boat and it's good to know you're all here even when I'm a moaning Minnie.
iblinkin I can't eat meat, for about 8 years now every time I ingest meat I get violently sick but I eat lots of quern and beans and am lucky enough to still eat fish and try to have it at least once a week. I eat a lot of yoghurt too but I guess sometimes all the planning in the world can't stop health issues.
thankfully my plans only involved me working out an exercise routine as I've become fatter but I'm too exhausted to eat so it's kinda helping in the same way lol. I do want to have dinner cooked for the Mister who's at work even if it's just freezer food, that'll be my accomplishment today, to have food ready for him and motd on the telly when he comes in just gone ten.
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:03 pm

Same again today, another wasted day I slept and slept yesterday. This is the worst fatigue I've ever suffered and I don't know what to do except listen to my body which is exhausted.
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:37 pm

If it's any consolation I've been exactly the same since a Halloween party I went to.

Its a roundabout of pain tiredness then more pain. Plus whenever I fall asleep I'm having the most vivid dreams - even when I drop off in the chair. I'm finding them so draining.

So I just wanted to let you know you're definitely not on your own.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:42 pm

Helhit, I was having crazy vivid dreams yesterday to the point where I'm not entirely sure what really happened. I think I'll be passing out again soon apparent I was twitching a lot and spazzing in my sleep and my temperature is crazy, I go from waking up in a poll of sweat to shivering like made.
fibromites shouldn't celebrate, it's bad for our health!
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:53 pm

Funny you guys should say that about dreams, I had a weird one last night about a palace on a hill and a fernicular railway up to it! :crazy:

I was planning on having a nice day with my partner today, but because I spent a few hours with my best friend yesterday I am in agony today!!! So resting and hoping I am better tomorrow as I have my appointment at the Pain Clinic, woo!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby keaedmondson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Vivid dreams have been driving me potty! I even had a vivid dream in the couple of minutes sleep I got the other night that I was dreaming I was dreaming… What the hell!…

I sort of agree with Queeny70 sometimes it's better not to plan… Though sometimes planning is good. like today, made me leave the house because I was desperate to see my mum. I felt dreadful and all I did was lay on her bed but I was there… And that makes a difference in terms of depression…

Please don't think that I am diminishing the point of the OP in any way… I totally agree… Not being able to do things when we want and how we want is so so so draining!

I have a funny thing where during the school holidays, I am often worse… Whether that's because I have pushed myself too and beyond the max during term time to get through work, I don't know… Probably… but sometimes I think it's because I am out of my routine... My sleeping pattern goes to pot… And I get totally screwed up in terms of my body clock and my ability to cope with the illness… Funnily enough, although I considered giving up work many many times over the last year and a half… and although I find work extremely hard quite often… Having weeks like the one I've just had for half term just make you wonder if that would be totally the wrong decision: removing routine and so on… I have to get up for work every morning and somehow I manage it … Why can I then not sleep at night during holidays and then I'm totally unable to do everything I wanted to do? !!! [CONFOUNDED FACE]
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia