tramadol

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

tramadol

Postby jayj » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:34 pm

hello, just wondered if any of you that are on tramadol are getting them stopped by your gp, i have been on tramadol for over 4 years and now my gp as stopped them and put me on codeine which are doing nothing i really want to go back on the tramadol but he says i cant any advice would be welcome
jay
jayj
UKFM Member

Re: tramadol

Postby caramia » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:11 pm

it may be because tramadol is now a controlled drug?
caramia
UKFM Member

Postby Cjalex » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:32 pm

I went to doctors today my first visit since my diagnosis I asked for stronger pain killers I was on zapain 30/500 codeine and paracetamol they were not helping I have a 9 month old if I hold him for just 5 mins my arms feel like I've done 6 hour weightlifting x so wanted something so I can actually have a cuddly with my little man x :,( my doctor was very reluctant to give me stronger pain killers saying that pain relieve doesn't work in the case of fibromyalgia but in the end gave me tramadol 100mg slow release twice a day x but she wasn't really happy about it x don't know if there help or if the dose is small or big suppose I'll find out x x
Cjalex
UKFM Member

Postby jayj » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:44 pm

i hope the tramadol work for you they did for me i have be put on codeine sulphate but its not working my dr is also trying to stop my pregabalin which are working but worked better with the tramadol i think im costing my gp surgery to much money
jayj
UKFM Member

Postby meaker2001 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:02 pm

I was on Tramadol for a few years but didn't work well. I have since changed GP and been referred to pain clinic. I'm on Fentanyl patches and oral morphine. I feel so much better - wake up with energy for once!
meaker2001
UKFM Newbie

Postby jayj » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:07 pm

i was on morphine but had to stop as gave me terrible stomach pain they worked well on the back pain im due to see the pain dr next week and im hoping he can help me
jayj
UKFM Member

Postby katherine244 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:17 pm

I've been on tramadol for about 10 years now and several doctors have tried to take me off it or stopped issuing repeat prescriptions. I overcame the problem by switching surgeries!!!!!
katherine244
UKFM Member

Postby jayj » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:30 pm

yes im thinking of going to a different surgery as one dr ask me to leave an appointment he said i was aggressive i wasnt he just didnt want to listen i told him he should live with pain everyday then let someone tell him oh we are stopping your medication
jayj
UKFM Member

Postby morette5 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:13 am

I have just stopped taking my Tramadol after 1 month. It re-interrupted my sleep, something it has taken years to control.
It caused burning pain all over my body, torso, legs arms, hands, but only in parts at a time. I had read about this for years on fibro forums and now know it is a side effect.
The sweating is off the scale, i woke up in a pool of sweat tangled up in sheets feeling like i was in the wash.
I couldn't move due to the shoulder pain i was taking them for.
The worst are the nightmares. Long drawn out never ending and vivid. I can live without that.
It did give me a needed break from exhausting pains for a short while but it is not for me for any length of time.
Goodbye Tramadol.
morette5
UKFM Member

Postby Cathy59 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:35 am

I cannot take tramadol due to side affects of giving me dark thoughts of suicide. I have a bowel condition so can only take codeine in small doses so I swap and change daily between codeine, brufen and paracetamol. These do not eradicate the pain but just take a little of the edge away so I can force myself to move. However, I must say I have only been diagnosed for a few weeks even though I have been in pain for years until I visited a new gp in my practise.
Cathy59
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia