Foot Muscle Spasm

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Foot Muscle Spasm

Postby becbob » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi, today the sole of my right foot has come up in a big lump. It covers over a quater of my sole and it is unbelievably painful. It feels like part of the muscle has frozen up and the muscle has swollen to 3x the size. I've had it 2 or 3 times before but just put it down to Fibro. Showed my mum today and she told me off for putting every new symptom down to fibro. It will hopefully be gone by the morning like the others put I would really like to know if it seems like a "typical" fibro symptom.
Thanks for any replies.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Re: Foot Muscle Spasm

Postby hillie » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:24 pm

It could be gout but you should get it checked. All us Fibros have the habit of attributing everything to our condition.
hillie
UKFM Newbie

Postby carolad » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:06 pm

I don't think it sounds like gout, because as far as I know, gout affects the joints, rather than the muscles.

Not sure what it could be though :-?
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi becbob, I get this and gout, so let me reasure you that if it's on or around the ball of your foot then it's a fibro flare and not gout. I get gout and burning of the feet and have been eating yogurt to calm those symptoms down and have had some success with that.

Every once and a while the bottom of my left foot will swell up and be very tender and sometimes will last for days, where gout with me will last for months at a time and can be incredibly painful, that is untill i tried the yogurt and salmon as both are very good for gout and no i found this out on my own just like other fibro warriors do when the MD just wants to give you more pills and send you home.

Try icing the bottom of your foot, i find this helpful and shortens the duration and no longer than 15 minutes at a time as you don't want to damage soft tissue (10 to 15 min. on and 10 to 15 off and repeat) and i am going on personal experience and i am not a Dr. so if this persists then maybe see you Dr. but you should be able to calm things down on your own.

Good luck and i hope it works out for you. :-)
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby looeboy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:51 pm

Hi I had similar to this 12 months ago. Was told it was Plantar Fasciitis (inflammation of the foot tendon). Quite common in Fibro says my Podiatrist, who I have to see every 3 months now since it started.
looeboy
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia