flare up, depression or worse??

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

flare up, depression or worse??

Postby lisa_39 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:10 am

hi everyone, i am new to this forum and trying to get the hang of things :)

anyway although im always tired, in some kind of pain itching persistant throat and neck problems ext.....i feel like ive been hit with a bus!!

this past week ive been extra low mood, scary low and so tired

the pain started getting worse, over the past few days from my fingers joints spreading up my wrists and arms

my legs feel like dead weights, and like ive ran a marathon (post excersise type pain)

my shoulder blades feel like thry have been smashed and i have pain moving around the middle of them going through to my chest, this worrys me most becuase i get scared when this happens i have lung cancer!!

even the souls of my feet hurt, ears, head, hips everything!!

im asking about flare ups because the pain side of things can die down but like i said im always sore in some way

grrrrrrrrrr!!!
lisa_39
UKFM Member

Re: flare up, depression or worse??

Postby natmac73 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:36 am

I know exactly what you mean,since recently being diagnosed there's not a day goes by were I'm not in some sort of pain...I too feel like I've been hit by a bus! Try not to worry too much about it being another illness .... fibromyalgia effects so many parts of our bodies..I hope you are getting support at home friends or family. ....It helps x
natmac73
UKFM Member

Postby jrules1fair » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:44 am

Hi i have cps which is the fibromyalgia end of the spectrum. I had a flare up last week. I felt completely drained in very low mood and all i wanted to do was sleep. I have been hurting from top to bottom and have been so low i have even cried in my doctors surgery. I have had my lyrica (pregabalin) altered and have started new regime this week. Hope it helps but only on day three so will have to wait and see
jrules1fair
UKFM Member

Postby arctophile » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:45 pm

I am there with you all the way with this depression lark, its not enough that we feel awful all the time, then the depression bus comes along! Try to keep smiling which I know its hard to do but I feel with you especially at this time of the year. :(
arctophile
UKFM Newbie

Postby lisa_39 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:36 pm

thank you so much for replys its good to feel im not alone!!

this thing seems very confusing, i think i feel its hard to accept because i havent been reffered to someone who can tell me properly this is what it is

my gp in the beginning was great, but because most blood tests other than vitamin levels being low and inflamation markers tending to be up she doesnt know what to do with me anymore! im so embarresed to keep going, and i know she doesnt think im imagining it because she can tell straight away with the way i look when im bad, but still getting fed up of me haha

i dont think that it helps that when i go, its the things that bother me most at that time i complain about, which ends up looking like im changing things all the time!!

and yep the depression just tops it off.....but i dont think anyone could go through all this and not be depressed!!!

i hope aletering your meds help !!
thanks again
lisa xxx
lisa_39
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:14 pm

If you have anything new appear, or something changes, or is just giving you cause for concern, having it checked out is always the best thing to do as, whilst we have FM, we can also catch/develop other/additional problems that may or may not be FM related.

What you've described could be due to one, all, some or even none of the things you've mentioned, which is why having things checked out is recommended, even if it's just for your own peace of mind. If you have a bit of a looky at some of the other topics on the board, you'll find that you're in good company as a good number of us are/can be affected in very similar ways to what you are experiencing.

You shouldn't feel embarrassed about going to see your GP. Sometimes a change in the way you approach appts can bring about more favourable outcomes. Being a little more direct, explaining things as clearly and concisely as possible or even writing them down, looking into different meds/treatments and going armed with info to discuss if they would be suitable for you to try can all help.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby morette5 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:22 pm

The scary low moods do pass, just as silently as they come. The only thing that literally keeps me going are my kids. Find that reason to keep going and hang in there. It gets better.
morette5
UKFM Member

Postby Angie Baby » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:24 pm

H everyone, I had a lovely day out on Saturday but since then I've been poorly in bed. My amune system is low and I pick everything up. I'm so hot that it's unbearable. I've got no energy and my whole body is aching. I didn't want to get this Fibromyalgia but at least our son's Paul, Steven Ian and Mark are all grown up. If I feel like staying in bed I can do because I haven't got children to run around after. I was also medically retired from work in 2011. It's the combination of the pain, itching skin and depression that gets to me. I don't seem to have an illness that last only a few days. I seem to be ill for a few weeks. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Nothing seems to help except letting it take its course.:'( :needhug: :grouphug: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Angie Baby
UKFM Member

Postby lizashfield » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:34 pm

You will get better days so just hang on in there.

Everything you describe sounds like part of Fibro so don't worry that will only make you feel worse.

For me my mood swings rapidly up and down. Thought it was just the change until I got diagnosed recently. :-)
lizashfield
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia