popping blood vessels in fingers

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

popping blood vessels in fingers

Postby wanda » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:10 pm

i have had two very recent incidents. first one i was lifting two flattened empty cardboard boxes using mainly my palm thumb and fingers as they where. slipping it was hard to grip the boxes. ten minutes later i felt a ping on the flesh part of my thumb just at the joint before the palm of my hand. it felt like a bee sting. it went slightly swollen then i could see discoulartion like the colour of your veigns pale blue green. I actually started crying it was so painful. I then four days later lifted a book and the same thing happened on my index finger middle fleshy bit. have googled it and many people have had this but dont know why not even their GP's.

Its so weird and has me worried in case something sinister is going on and worried it could happen somewhere else like on the brain.

Please advise if you have had this or know any information.
wanda
UKFM Member

Re: popping blood vessels in fingers

Postby daisyp59 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi, I know how scary this can be, but please don't worry too much. I have a surface vein in my groin that 'pops' on a fairly regular basis and when it does, Sweeney Todd has nothing on me. My GP has checked it a couple of times and has reassured me that the blood will clot and I won't bleed to death! I take Warfarin which is what worried me most. Just keep an eye on it when it happens and if the blood seems to be spreading more than usual get it checked out. Hope this helps x
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Postby Ali170 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi love,

this happens to regularly, especially in my fingers, very painful ! I also get little purple blood blisters on my arms which go down and leave a mark.

I mentioned all this to my GP, he did lots of blood tests, nothing showed up. I don't know how old you are, I'm 62 and my skin has thinned a lot in the last couple of years, plus I smoke and have sun damage (all my fault ha ha ) I don't know if this has any bearing on this, I have Googled both these and it says nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps, but you could pop to GP to get checked out. Take care. xxx
Ali170
UKFM Member

Postby AliBear » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:06 pm

This could explain why I suddenly developed what looked like a small but very dark bruise in the crook of my elbow. It looked just as though I had had a blood test that had leaked under the skin. Then a few days later it happened on my other arm. Weird! :crazy: :crazy:
AliBear
UKFM Newbie

Postby Dragonqween » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Hi Wanda, this seems to be quite normal for fibro people. I also get the popping in my fingers and the purple blood blisters on my arms. Bruises seem to appear whilst I look at myself. Everything OK according to the doc so I don't worry any more. I think it helps knowing that others also experience the same things :-D
Dragonqween
UKFM Newbie

Postby dazzleship » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:46 pm

is this when you get small patches of bright red/pink on your hands that doesn't hurt or anything and goes away after a few minutes? I often get that but have no idea what it is.

if it's not what you're talking about here, just ignore me :-)
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby not.giving.in » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:05 pm

I often get veins popping inside my finger knuckles [and toes], turning taps on and off is a big cause but lots of other things. Produces a huge bruise which stings like a bee sting. I wrap it in cotton wool or tissue with witch hazel on - think it helps but that might be my imagination lol :lol: I do bruise easily and can't always remember what I did to get black and blue. That is fairly common in fibro I think. It is possible it is related to EDS - Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, where the collagen is faulty. Collagen could be described in a basic way as the glue that sticks the cells together, when it's faulty skin/veins/soft tissue of all kinds tends to split easily. Or it may just be fibro! The magical mystery disease that often has no answers :crazy:

Don't think it's anything to worry about. Good luck managing your issues. x
not.giving.in
UKFM Member

Postby moe_d_uk » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:51 pm

My doc explained my bruising as veins get congested due to fibro pain which causes them to burst. Xx
moe_d_uk
UKFM Newbie

Postby millysue » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:01 am

I keep getting red blotches on my chin. They disappear after a couple of days. Has anyone had this?
millysue
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia