Really bad day

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Really bad day

Postby reb1981 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:45 am

Hello, I haven't been formally diagnosed as I am going to see someone private due to the waiting list being three months and I can't wait that long. My doc is 99% sure I suffer from this and has put me on amitriptyline 10mg, she wants me on a higher dose but my pdoc won't allow this as I also suffer from bipolar and it will send me manic. I am having trouble moving my head and neck, my spine feels like I have had it stuck together my left arm is aching and my hands and wrists are so stiff I am having trouble doing normal daily things. My legs are stiff and painful when I walk. When I breathe my ribs feel tight. I can't sleep properly due to the pain so it is now affecting my mood. I do have other things but I don't want to go on about it. Do these symptoms sound like fibro, I am only 33 and I struggle to do normal things like housework, walk, and exercise............
reb1981
UKFM Member

Re: Really bad day

Postby natmac73 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:13 pm

It does. ..but there are also other illnesses that have the same symptoms too. Hope all goes well x
natmac73
UKFM Member

Postby reb1981 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:16 pm

I have had blood test for arthritis and also for gout as my foot and ankle doubled in size for no reason. I can't carry on like this...........what else could it be?
reb1981
UKFM Member

Postby kaylajanee » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi I'm kayla ,I'm 21 and I have fibro I understand exactly how u feel I feel exactly the same , I was working but it was getting unbarable in work so I gave up work I'm bad , in agony every single day I don't sleep most days can't even walk down the stairs or go out on my own cause I can't walk all I can do is lie in bed or on the sofa I would love to find someone to talk to regularly about this if that will help u as well message me I'm on Facebook and my ankles and legs are very very swollen cause of fibro also
kaylajanee
UKFM Newbie

Postby hazely » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi it could be fibro but then
it could be a few things that only a dr can diagnose I hope going private gets you the diagnosis you need. x
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:03 pm

hi sorry to hear you're suffering.

unfortunately as someone else has replied, its not easy for any of us on here to say definitively that yes you have fibro or no you don't. because although your symptoms are similar it doesn't necessarily mean it is fibro and could be something else which is why you really need a doctor/consultant diagnosis.

I totally understand the frustration of having to wait for a long waiting list, it's not ideal. but if you're lucky enough to be able to see someone privately then that is the best thing to do. do you know how long you have to wait for your private appointment? is it a rhumatologist you are going to see?

hopefully you will see them soon and get a definitive diagnosis. in the meantime take care and try not to worry too much.

:hugs:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby reb1981 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:06 pm

I have been waiting for my parents to come back off holiday as I would like my mum to come with me and yes it's a rhumatologist I am going to see. I will be calling them tomorrow , so hopefully I will know soon.
reb1981
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia