does anyone else suffer with sore boobs?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

does anyone else suffer with sore boobs?

Postby mamamaka » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with fm and alot of things which has been wrong with me over the past few years have finally fallen into place, now I know its not all in my head.....this forum has been an absolute treasure as well, thank you :-)
my question may seem like an odd one but over the last few months I have had really sore boobs on and off with no link to my cycle at all, even to the point that I had to take pregnancy tests to rule that out, is it likely to be part and parcel of this afflictation?
Thanks in advance for any help that you may be able to throw my way.
mamamaka
UKFM Member

Re: does anyone else suffer with sore boobs?

Postby aziriphale » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:34 pm

I get sore boobs as well, and lol i have done the ruling out pregnancy as well
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Postby soretro » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:46 pm

yes, I get painful breasts too. Somedays I can't even bear the pressure of a bra. They become painful to the touch (allodynia) as well as having a gnawing kind of nerve pain. They also swell slightly when they get painful like this, I go up a cup size! I've searched for this before on google and it seems to come up as a symptom with FM in FM chat/discussion groups, but I haven't yet seen it on an official FM symptom list! I guess it makes sense that it's FM-related, as it's another tender area with muscle and fibrous tissue :-)
This breast pain comes and goes with me, sometime it will last for many months at a time - I have no idea what the trigger is yet, after all this time. Wearing looser clothing and even going bra-less helps when it's at it's worst :-)
soretro
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:07 pm

There has been a topic on this subject very recently that might be worth a looky too.

It does seem to be something that is associated with, rather than a specific symptom of FM. It's something that affects me at times, not a pleasant thing to have to be juggling with when you're in polite company, esp when OH offers to help me with "that look" on his face :oops: :oops: :oops: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ivy67 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Yet another symptom that now makes sense, I am so glad I found this site, so much stuff makes sense and, although the pain is always there (somewhere!) I don't feel like such a hypochondriac. :lol:

Thanks everyone for sharing x
Ivy67
UKFM Newbie

Postby Paula200 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi all

A couple of years a go when I picked up my prescription chemist asked what I was taking amatryptalin for so I said fm sjogrens ext and she said be careful they can make your breasts grow I use to be a 36 b am know 36 d hubby happy just a thoughtxxx
Paula200
UKFM Member

Postby Gingermama » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:45 pm

OMG yes! I'm newly diagnosed too and totally agree with you about everything finally falling into place. Finally feel like all my gripes and moans have been validated! I'm not lazy, I'm not crazy or a hypochondriac, I have FM!

Anyway back to the boobs, mine are 36e/f so pretty big and they are sooo sore most of the time but when I get to that time of the month I am literally crawling up the wall! I sometimes end up looking like I'm touching myself up from rubbing them lol!

They will swell as well. I did the pregnancy test thing as well lol. I also get nausea... Does anyone else get this too? But def not preggers lol

Oh the joys of being a woman! And a woman with FM at that!
Gingermama
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi mamamaka, i hope you don't mind me weighing in on this one as I'm a guy but my experience is that FM messes with our hormones and is it possible that this could be causing this discomfort? Low estrogen could be the problem here as i know testosterone levels were very low with me and i am now taking hormonal replacement medication.

Vitamin D is also a hormone and both my D & testosterone levels were very low and if your D levels are low then there is a good chance that your estrogen levels could be as well.

I hope this helps somewhat and good luck and gentle hugs to all.
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby moe_d_uk » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:48 pm

I've suffered with very painfull breasts for over 20 years. I can recommend eve primrose oil. I take 1 x 1000mg tablet a day. If pain gets worse u can increase to 2 or 3 a day and it'll quickly ease. Cant confirm if fm related but def hormone related. Tends to be high levels of oestregen rather than low though. Xxx
moe_d_uk
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia