Sleepless night ....

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sleepless night ....

Postby natmac73 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi everyone ....
Recently been having terrible nights due to pain! Does anyone else suffer with painful thigh muscle's at night?
My thigh muscle becomes very tight with shooting pains and twitching, it also feels as though my leg is raised ...strange feeling :(
Just putting it down to fibromyalgia. Feel soooo drained today ....just want to sleep x
natmac73
UKFM Member

Re: Sleepless night ....

Postby kazak » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:10 pm

hi natmac73
i'm having a a really bad run of very little sleep, and it makes for a long nite and even longer day. i suffer the same feelings in my thighs but this lessened after i started gabapentin, it did start again and i had my gabapentin increased, so maybe suggest that to ur gp or if already on it or sim ask for increase. sleepless nites r just part of fibro as well all the other fun stuff.
kazak
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Another member of the bleary eyed club here too :shock: :shock: :shock: Can't even blame OH as he's been rather quiet for the past few nights.

I'm hidden away in the corner, under the mountain of blamkies of anyone fancies some company :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Yes, I often find my legs feel incredibly leaden, itchy, and restless at night. Drives me mad!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Patsb » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:35 pm

My left leg feels like it's in a. Vice...its rigid and my left foot is either numb or cramping up I also suffer pain in my ribs and left arm constantly at night.some nights despite the amyltriptyline I think I fall asleep through sheer exhaustion!
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:35 pm

i get restless legs too at night i got quinine sulphate from doc one a night sorts the leg cramps and restlessness out
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby natmac73 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Thanks for all your replies. I've just started taking Gabepentine. ..so hopefully it will help..coincidentally I've just started getting headaches. ..so hope it nothing to do with the gabepentine. ..I'll check..thanks guys x
natmac73
UKFM Member

Postby Cathy59 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:27 pm

I never get more than 3hrs sleep a night due to leg pains, no matter what I take am still laying awake most of night. This leaves me drained and not being able to move myself all day. Its a vicious circle. :sleep:
Cathy59
UKFM Newbie

Postby cdcrossy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:59 pm

i know how you feel I'm the same i have to sleep in a different room than my partner cos I'm up all night then all day we have 3 young children too so you can only image my house hahahahah its a mad house
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia