I feel useless and just want to sit and cry!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I feel useless and just want to sit and cry!

Postby natmac73 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Each day since being diagnosed I just feel worse and worse. ......Today I've hit rock bottom. ...my glands in my groin are painful. ..but also a gland in my jaw is up and swollen and I have a rash on my neck. I struggled to take my son to school and cried all the way home...I literally only went across the road and another mum walked with him. I felt such a failure ...my contract at is being terminated nxt wk at work because of my sickness absence. ...I applied for PIP. .still waiting. .I just don't know what to do or what I'm entitled to....fibromyalgia sucks!
natmac73
UKFM Member

Re: I feel useless and just want to sit and cry!

Postby hazely » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:19 pm

You are doing the right thing by talking it over on here and not bottling this up and keeping it to yourself. I think once you have been finished from work you should be able to claim esa check out turn2us website as it has a benefits calculator on it. As for pip takes ages I applied in feb assessment in august and got turned down now waiting for reconsideration. I think you should speak to your gp about how you are feeling and they will be able to help you either with counselling or medication. do you have any family or friends who can help you either by talking to them or physical help. Sending hugs
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby natmac73 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:27 pm

Thanks. ..need a hug! My husband is great..but does shifts and I have my sister..but she has her own problems and doesn't always want to listen. That's it...Other family members live up north...I guess I'm just feeling lonely today and sorry for myself which isn't good! I do take fluoxetin any way and just started gabepentine. ..hope it works
natmac73
UKFM Member

Postby rick31797 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:52 pm

The first few years of having FM, is like being face to face with a tornado, you don't know which way to go, there are so many unanswered questions, your life is on hold, people don't believe you, drs dont know what to do, financially you don't know what will happen , pain and terrible weakness ll this sent me to a mental hospital for awhile....
I was a real mess, and being the only source of income for the household. After everything was sorted out...life went on, today i am content , but those first few years, were a nightmare.
rick31797
UKFM Newbie

Postby Kristy Wilson » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:58 pm

Don't worry wrong all get days like these. I had one a couple of days ago nd go and just felt like I didn't want to be here as I felt like agony go burden to everyone agony go round me. I have lost my job as well due to this. You can apply for esa and pip. I have also applied for a blue disability badge for my car and have got it approved which is making life a lot easier when I'm out and about as I use crutches all the time and if we are going anywhere that involves a lot of walking I try and find out if there is wheel chair hire where we and are going. It's not easy having this horrid illness and reread we all get our down days which is nothing to be ashamed of. Keep your chin up and remember we are all here for u. I have just applied for pip so not expecting to hear anything for a while yet as there is a 26 week plus back log which is no good to us who need the money when we can no longer work. Stay strong and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you x
Kristy Wilson
UKFM Member

Postby haywire » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi Nat, sorry to hear your having such a rough time. Fibro takes so much out of us. It sounds like you just pushed yourself that bit too far. Hope things pick up for you soon :-) this weather doesn't help, makes the pains worse and just piles misery upon misery.
haywire
UKFM Member

Postby punkedfish » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:59 pm

*very big hugs* I completely understand how you feel. It is best to vent it on here where everyone can help and support you. I know that feeling of being alone in you own head but everyone ib your life does care about you. In my case I was off work for 5 months and 2 months in I was in the exact place you are in now. It will get better; I promise x
punkedfish
UKFM Newbie

Postby dazzleship » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:40 pm

hi natmac

so sorry to hear you are struggling so much. please never ever think you are useless and a failure, because you most certainly are not.
you are coping with a terrible illness one that other people just don't understand. but you are fighting it and you will get through it somehow.

sending you big :hugs: and a :cat2: too.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby emma83 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:34 am

Lots of love. I literally feel like that at the moment. Getting no support from anyone esp work. I hope you get support from someone it really helps xxx
emma83
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia