Moods

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Moods

Postby kitten » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:15 pm

Doe's any one find that there moods change from one hour to the next, these past few weeks I feel like I am on a roller coaster one minute happy, 10 minutes later I feel that I could scream , really feel that I am living on a short fuse :(
kitten
UKFM Member

Re: Moods

Postby allyfin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:40 pm

I can definitely relate. I have only just had a diagnosis but have had various symptoms I can now relate to fibromyalgia going back years. I always tend to be optimistic and try to keep cheerful, but there are times when I just can't seem to keep control of my moods. I can be very intolerant, get very depressed feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the smallest of tasks, get really angry, and get emotionally tearful for no reason. It's so weird sometimes like I am not in control and I have to keep myself in check.
allyfin
UKFM Newbie

Postby Annie54 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Me too. This exactly describes how I feel. You are not alone!
Annie54
UKFM Member

Postby tashlone » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi I've been dealing with what we think is fibro for the last 4 years not long at all compared to some people, think Ive had it for a long time but cos it's a weird thing to have i was never sure if some of my pains werr related to fibro or just a generally crap day, it's just progressed so much in the last 2 years, the docs are now treating me for it but one thing I have noticed is the usual placid me has been replaced by the evilest snappiest horrible biatch and I can't explain it I'm ten times worse when it's my time of the month and I've even gone as far as barring my kids from my room n locking myself away n road rage!!!! I refrain from driving even if I'm well enough now cos things that I would usually excuse are now peeing me off lol not a good place to be at all n it can change in a heart beat, I ended up ringing my doctor n snapping his head off when offered counselling!!! am now going to go back and ask for some extra help as it's not fair to any of my family at the mo hope you feel better soon n if it helps go in to the woods or something n scream n shout the place down xx
tashlone
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:09 pm

This is something that affects a good number of us. It can happen at any time, and the degree to which it affects us can vary immensely, even in a matter of minutes at times :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

As I'm a little further along in my FibroQuest than some are, I have found over the past 2~3 years that, whilst it still happens, it doesn't seem to have quite the same level of burning intensity as it did in the very early days. I'm not exactly sure why this is, it could be that I've finally found a more effective anti~d aspect of my cocktail that is taking effect, it could be that more of what I've learnt during counselling and therapy sessions is becoming more apparent and/or effective, it may be that I'm more reconciled and accepting of my lot than I used to be, or it could be a mix of it all. Whatever the reason, I'm somewhat glad of it as it means that there is a little bit of that essential life~force left for me to do something a little more :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: with.

If you find it is becoming difficult to mange to cope with, then do go and see your GP. Be open and honest about how far things have pushed you, and ask what help may be available to you as, generally, the quicker you can have something dealt with, the easier and faster it can be to find that more suitable balance again.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kitten » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Thank you for your replies it make me feel somewhat better to know that it's not just me that is feeling like a person who can shout one min and be nice the next , I was wondering if I need to up the amitriptyline just take 1 10 mil at night and maybe my system has got used to the dose ,

Fluppy puffy

Have got to get a repeat prescription , next week so will ask to make appointment to see him even as I am typing this because I have to keeping going back to correct my spelling ( which has gone terrible ) beginning to feel irritable :-x
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:14 pm

When used for FM the Amitriptyline dosage tends to be somewhat lower than when it is used as an anti~d. Even at these lower doses tho, it can help some with lower moods, so having your dosage increased could make a difference, as well as helping further with the sleep and pain too. Even finding it helps a little more with your sleep and/or pain levels could ripple out and have some degree of a calming effect on your moods too :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dazzleship » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:18 pm

I'm another one who's had problems with my moods.. I can be quite 'highly strung' at times (and now I've got a Spandau song in my head :roll: :mrgreen: ), I always have been quite an emotional person, but recently / say starting a few months ago it was getting worse.

happily it seems better now though so I guess like others have said it's a phase you go through on the fibro journey. that's what it feels like to me anyway - part of the anger/denial process, you know?

I've very recently started trying to be less angry and stressed because it really doesn't help anyone least of all me, in fact it just makes things worse I've realised. so I'm making a concerted effort to be calmer. but saying that, I don't think I could have done it whilst I was in the even more moody stage a few months ago.

so good luck.. hope you find a way to cope, I'm sure you will. it just takes time.

:hugs:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Siobhan.b » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:48 pm

I suffer terrible with mood swings, I am also bipolar so some of the drugs I take help the mood swings. Problem I don't know until I am a downer that I am heading there. Amitriptalyn is the one drug that has worked for me , and a family who know when to walk away cause I am like a dog with a bone I don't give up and go on and on and on
Siobhan.b
UKFM Newbie

Postby stephdawn » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:30 am

Hi guys. I know exactly how you r all feeling this way as I was diagnosed with this terrible illness about 16yrs ago. Not long after I lost my young sister to sudden death she was only 30yrs and left 2 beautiful children. For a while I started drinking a lot, but that made my condition worse. I went down the road of council lying and that helped to get over loosing her. From the no things got worse. My family have broken into 2 halves. I was eventually put on anti- depressants one of them is Duloxitine and I have had my amitripiline increased. We had to move just over 3yrs ago and I have found my gp so very helpfull and understanding . I'm now having council isn't for other reasons and it is helping but I have been told it could take a while. I am so very happy that I have a very understanding husband as I do take my mood swings out on him and he takes it. But he calms me down and makes me talk about it when I'm ready. I really hope you guys can get as much help. Sorry for going on but I just find this so good as I can relate to you all. It will take time for you all but just keep going and also keep posturing your gp's. Best wishes to you all xx :)
stephdawn
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:01 pm

God yes. My moods are shocking and all over the place.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Patsb » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:56 pm

I was never a crier but I cry at the drop of a hat nowadays. :cry:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:57 am

Been to the see the doc and he agreed that maybe the Amitriptyline was on the low side and suggested too up the dose to two and see how I felt , well I don't feel as if I could just stand in my kitchen and scream ( I actually did do that ), but now have had a run of migraine not always the thumping headache more the visual one with the flashing lights :yikes: etc , just hope that once my system gets used to the higher dose they will stop
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby MPSGuy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:33 pm

I do get mood swings as well. One minute I feel quite happy, positive and motivated, but the next moment I can feel frustrated, angry, anxious, irritable and lethargic (or a mixture of all those). I can also get quite emotional when watching sad things on TV and so on.

I have depression and anxiety as well as chronic pain. I put the mood swings down to the depression, but the pain feeds into the depression and anxiety. It is a vicious circle that is hard to break.

I don't know what the answer is but it does seem to be common problem. Antidepressants, especially ones that help pain too, might help some people.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Mine are only bad the week leading up to my period :oops: I can seriously to nuts lol
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia