the show must go on

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

the show must go on

Postby haywire » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:26 pm

The crippling pains seem to have subsided for now, I have an omnipresent aching in my back and all down both legs, but I am feeling better than I have in weeks. The fatigue and the fibro fog are being a bit more stubborn :-(

It's my shift at work tomorrow. Not looking forward to defrosting the car at 5am, that should reawaken the pains :-( the wife keeps telling me to quit, I can't explain it but I need the job, its the only remnant of my old self that's left.

I keep worrying about my forgetfulness though, makes things hard at work, I just keep forgetting things. I write notes to myself on the back of my hand. How do you all deal with the fog? I find it harder and harder to keep up with the workload as well, how do you all deal with the lethargy? Mosttimes I feel like I am dragging twice my bodyweight, especially when I have to go upstairs.
haywire
UKFM Member

Re: the show must go on

Postby denys » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Put reminders on your phone if notes dont work I find that helps cos the alarm acts as a reminder too :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dazzleship » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:37 am

glad youre feeling a bit better haywire. I understand about wanting to keep on with your job. I think it's good to have something like that to keep you going.

as for forgetting things -well I set reminders on outlook at work for things I'm likely to forget. and write lots of notes and lists :-)

do you have a lift at work that you can use instead of taking the stairs? I do which I'm thankful for because there's no way I could drag myself up the stairs at work the way I do at home.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby haywire » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks guys for the tips, unfortunately they don't have a lift at work, the stairs are really steep too :-(

Today has got me really depressed, the jobcentre has given me an ultimatum, if I continue to work i have to stop claiming ESA and claim jobseekers. As I only work part time, I really don't have a choice. I have to give them my decision tomorrow at 10.40. They have apparently been trying to get in touch with me for a month, they did ring up last week, but I was at work and they wouldn't speak to my wife. I now really have no choice but to give up :-( why couldn't they at least wait till after Xmas.
haywire
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:59 am

I thought you could work part time and claim ESA as long as it was less than 16 hours , and possibly less than a certain amount. For 52 weeks if in the WRAG group , and longer if in the Support Group.

Before giving up, check with Citizens Advice or a supervisor at the DWP if you haven't already, as sometimes job centre staff get information wrong. Have you had a benefit advisor check out the different scenarios of working tax credits etc, as in some cases even losing your ESA payment you still might be financially better off, for the sake of an extra couple of hours work, if that was possible for you.

The welfare system is very complicated and sometimes it takes a welfare advisor who understands the system to give a variety of possibilities many of us would never be aware of, because were unfamiliar with the system.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby haywire » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:28 am

Thats what I was told. Doesn't seem to be the case though, I've worked for the last 6 months and now I'm told that if I am fit enough to work part time, I'm fit enough to work full time.
haywire
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia